What Can Make An App So Popular?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by onliner • Mar 25, 2017.

1. onliner

onlinerNew Member

Threads:
    Apps are probably the most used products thanks to the spread of smartphones. On the various mobile platforms, apps are added on a daily basis on their respective stores targeting specific users or all in general.

But not all apps get to enjoy a lot of downloads. Some get as little as a thousand while others get more than a hundred million.

So what really brings about this disparity in the number of individuals who download specific apps?

2. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    It depends what the app is and if it is an app that is usable. If it is an app that is usable and helpful then I think that more people would download it. Marketing an app to get everyone to hear about it will also result in more downloads. This will create a word of mouth domino effect raising the download number. Everyone wants to keep up with the jones and have what everyone else has, but the start of anything really has to be a successful marketing strategy.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    So to speak apps go with the tide. Nowadays, almost everybody from kids to adults, from male to female, from students to professionals own a mobile phone or the so-called smartphones. These apps are designed for those phones like games, shopping outlets, reading magazines, directions, among others. That is how business advancement as far as technology is concerned.

Apps makers or dealers are getting into those phones for users' facility and to make their work and communication easy. In my own phone, I have a limited apps to use like the dictionary, books and magazines reader, and the like. They all work for me making my it easy.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    More than anything it appears that timing has a lot to do with it. I can really point to a few where if it were just a different time than things might have worked out a lot better, or worse.

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Its all depend on features offers by app. As you said there are many apps available in the market which provide different features. So if one app need attraction then it must provide something unique and new which other apps are missing. I guess that's the only way to attract more users and downloads. Other way to get more downloads is to advertise it on different platform.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I think the main reason is the "revolution" that the app can cause in some kind of specific service. Something that is different from what already exists in the market.

This attracts the attention of potential users and makes popularity happen (almost like "magic").

7. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit Yup, new and unique concept always work at starting. It will boost up downloads for sure. If we are going to introduced something which is already available in the market, then I don't think it will attract more users expect personal crowd. That's what I have experienced by myself.

#7May 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2017
  8. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    App that solves problem gets popular. One has to solve some problem. Otherwise it'd be not easy to make it popular. You can see that there are plenty of variables that go to make it popular. Marketing through content writing is one of them. But you should be careful how you market the app. And this way you can make it more popular. Also do note that some app take time to get popular.

9. Damsko

DamskoNew Member

Threads:
    An innovative feature that is high in demand may also be the reason why some apps get downloaded more than others. I think this and availability will likely result in more downloads for that particular app. So an app needs a new innovative feature that is in high demand and also be available for download, especially to countries with high population of potential users.

10. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I think that the number of downloads of an app it depends on what that app is able to do. The number of downloading is raised by its usage and on what people really need. I guess an app that will pay its users to make money will get more downloads than an app that is used only for watching movies.