What Color Is The Main Color In Your Wardrobe?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by cocolgooh • Jan 18, 2016.

1. lordrenly

lordrenlyActive Member

Threads:
    I'm looking at my wardrobe right know and I see both black and white in equal proportions. I don't think my wardrobe was like this during my college days but my work outfit is black pants with white shirts and sometimes black jacket. I also have a lot of black pants and white shirts for gym. It is amazing how my taste in fashion changed after college.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've always tended towards dark colours, black especially. I just like how I feel wearing it and the little edge that it has over other colours. Still, I've been getting more into bright colours and different shades lately- I have some purples and blues, too.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a Black and White person or Black and Beige. I find it is easier to get dressed and out of the house on time when my everyday clothes go together in what looks good with what. I have mostly black and white in designs and solids. My color of choice is purple. I have always worked in an industry that required we dress very conservative, black and white works very good.

4. MichelleVL

MichelleVLMember

Threads:
    Most of the clothing that you will find in my closet is black. You'll find other colors like dark green, or dark blue, but in less quantities. I normally go for darker clothing because I'm a little on the heavy side, and they make me look slimmer. I also find darker colors more elegant, and at least in my eyes easier to match with other items.

5. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    When looking at my closet I would have to say that blue is the most common color of my clothes.
    I have some black clothes but not a lot.

6. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I have 2 main colors in my summer clothes. They are navy blue and varying shades of purple. Isn't it funny how we tend to gravitate to different colors? Sometimes i end up with shades of pink while in another season it might be varying shades of red that is the predominant color.

7. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    I just checked my closet and here’s what I found out – most of my t-shirts, sweaters, and jackets are either black, white, or brown. So I guess those are my three favorite colors. As to pants, I prefer wearing jeans over anything, so most my pants are blue and black. There’s probably two or three that are brown but I never wear them that often.

8. katjamas

katjamasNew Member

Threads:
    I actually have something of every colour. I don't have any colour in particular that I love wearing a lot. But I guess I do have a lot of tops that are white and jeans that are darker colors.

9. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not sure that I have a majority of any one color. I try to buy clothes in different colors so I can have something in case I need to match it with something. I also like having a variety of colors available. When I look at my closet I see many different colors. I do tend to prefer dark colors over light ones though. I think they have a slimming effect.

10. Krnasmommy

KrnasmommyNew Member

Threads:
    I do love the color back but most of my wardrobe is a mixture if color. Mostly dark colors but I do have some brightly-colored clothing. I wish I had more of a a variety but I'm working on it.

11. SammyGregory

SammyGregoryMember

Threads:
    I wear a lot of purples and variations of purple.

12. shcoo

shcooMember

Threads:
    I used to wear a bunch of neon colors when I was younger but lately I have been going minimalist. Most of my currenet wardrobe is grey and black, with some of my favorite color (blue) mixed in. This makes it easier to style outfits, and I still have a ton of old colorful shoes and accessories so I can add coordinating "pops" of color to any black outfit. This new strategy also helps me avoid wasting money on prints/patterns that are just passing fads.

13. cecejailer

cecejailerMember

Threads:
    My wardrobe is really diverse, I like all bright colors and mostly floral patterns. I don't have a particular color that I wear more, I like to mix and match my outfits and make them really, really colorful. Color is what I love the most about fashion, which is weird considering it's only been about 4 years since I left my teenage goth phase and had an all black wardrobe XD

14. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I wear a lot of denim and set it off with a variety of fresh colors up top. My favorite top is a coral color, but I wouldn't call it the main color in my wardrobe.

15. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    My wardrobe has varying colors, but the dominant colors there are blue and green. I do not have much black, just about two dresses in that color and then a black and beige dress. My brightest colors are yellow and pink, with only a couple red blouses. Overall, I tend to gravitate towards blue in most of my clothing. Where white is concerned, I have one white pants which is hardly ever worn since I find that white tends to show up dirt too quickly. I also have some beige clothing in the form of slacks as well.

16. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I like black and brown. One of those two colors are in every outfit I wear with only a few exceptions. However, that does not mean I shy away from other colors but I like a variety. Teal and coral are two of my favorite accent colors, along with bright red, which has made more of an appearance lately as well. I have been using a lot of very interesting patterns, like black and white polka dots, that just scream an old pop art vibe lately, too.

17. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    The main color in my wardrobe tends to be blue. Its a soothing color
    as well as being sporty. Blue is also easy to wash especially the
    darker hues. I don't have to use too much water or detergent. Blue
    also goes well with most of the other colors.

18. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    For me, it's also blue and black. I can't seem to help it, it seems like most clothes I like are these colors. Lately, I've been going for gray too. I don't know what it is, I like lighter colors, but some intimidate me. I guess darker colors are my comfort zone.

19. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    It's has been decreed that my wardrobe should always contain something that is blue and something that is mint green in color. Those are my two favorite colors. I could not single out one or the other because they are both equally acceptable to me.

20. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I just opened my wardrobe door and the blackness hit me! I do wear other colours too but black is so easy to pair up with other items of clothing and it doesn't show too many marks as white does and of course no woman should be without her little black dress!

In the summer I tend to wear lighter colours as it suits my mood but I must admit I wear a lot of black or dark blue in the winter so I would say it's my main colour.