What Do You Do Of Toys Your Children No More Playing With?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Ray1 • Jul 16, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You must have seen a lots of toys in kids room which your children are no more interested. Have you ever gave them to someone in your relation or friends? I had a large collection of soft toys which I had gifted to a nearby private play-school. Is there any better use of them or what do you personally do with toys your children do not play with?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is not the toys of the children here but my toys. I was lucky to have saved some of my toys and now it appears like a museum piece to the younger generation. I have a big plastic tank that runs on batteries. And although the motor is not running anymore, the tank is still attractive. With the toys of the children here, we just keep them in the stock room, not knowing its use but I agree not to dispose of them for sentimental reasons and maybe for sentimental value in the future.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have kept a few of my toys for sentimental reasons and I passed them down to my daughter now, she loves them. The ones I didn't want to keep as I was moving countries I gave away to my little cousins. I had a collection of barbies which my mom gave away all of a sudden and I got sad as I wanted to keep at least one but at least they are still with my cousins, I hope.

4. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I will usually give away the toys that my children have out grown or are just not interested in anymore. I will give them to relations if they have the right aged children for the toys or to friends. Other times I have sold them online or at a yard sale. If I do not want to bother selling them then I will donate them to a thrift store.

5. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I never thought I can actually donate them to the play school. If I know any friends or neighbors who would like to have the toys, I would give the toys to them. Otherwise, I would donate to the charity organizations, as they know how to take care of the toys. I actually haven't give away much toys yet, as my children are still playing with those baby toys and I still have a baby now. It's just that sometimes there are too much toys, and I gave away some.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I always try to make donations to places that I know are serious and in need of toys. :cool: I don't like to just leave the toys anywhere. :confused:

7. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Well to be honest some of them I keep them for my grandchildren, that is what my mother did for me and I loved the idea. But many more of them I donate for the poor children who cannot afford to buy some. I donate them to the orphanage from my neighborhood.

8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Giving them to the school is good idea indeed. Yes it happens with kid. Many time they don't like toy or may be they lost interest from it then they don't use it at all. Well, such time we always used to give them to other kids from relative. Sometimes we also used to give these kind of toys to small kids which don't have money to purchase all these things but they always have interest in them.

9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 Not to any school actually but a private playschool in my community run by a lady whose husband died a few years before and she started this school to make her life going. She has done well by getting 30 or so children in her playschool. As I knew her and her husband very well so I thought our spare toys would help her indirectly. You know playschools have to buy toys for children every once in a while. I could not think of helping her in any other way so the toys which she accepted gladly.

10. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    That's really nice of you. I am sure it will help her any way. Yes such school always purchase toys for kids as that's what kids do in such kind of school with few other activities. I am sure that will help her. Actually I was also talking about play school only when I mentioned about school as normal school don't need them.

11. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    My sister keeps a few of my nephews' toys for sentimental reasons. The rest they don't use and are in good condition she donates or gives away. Kids sometimes have too many toys, you're not gonna keep them all laying around. You should make room for newer ones or just to clear the space.

12. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When my kids were growing up, we lived in a very small town, and there was a sales yard where they had the livestock auction, and also a miscellaneous auction every Tuesday. It was actually kind of community social event, where every one got together and visited while we watched the auction and waited for whatever item we were interested in to come op for bidding on.
    Many times, we bought boxes of stuff that had children's toys in it and my kids loved going through those boxes to see what they could fine.
    And of course, when we had toys and other items we no longer used, we packed up a box of miscellaneous items for the auction and hauled them back to sell to someone else.
    Many times, you would see the same item that came in one box last week show up in a completely different box the next week as people culled out the items they didn't need from the boxes they had purchased.
    It was a great way to deal with the unwanted toys, and one that everyone enjoyed.

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Happyflowerlady@Happyflowerlady that's one of the best ways with dealing with used toys. Most children do not wish to play with same toys after sometime so they gladly exchange them with other toys so if you sale your old toys and get another set for the money you got is a nice way. You would be surprised to note that few people at my current location upload them on gumtree for anyone to come and collect them for free of cost.

14. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    We actually had an old chest full of them until about a couple of years ago. Most of them we were able to donate away and then others were just too old and run down. There are options though, which is always nice.

15. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been looking to sell my things so I went researching, online and found letgo.com but ran into some restriction that I can't sell some alcohol products there; we had a family fun grocery and liquor store way back in the 40-70s. Now I've got some Beam bottles and advertisement things we've been carrying with us all this time, to where I live now. You could see if the site is what you'd like for you can sell in your location. Donation to thrift stores and get a tax deduction for your donation too are another thing you can do. These donations to Big Brother's and Big Sisters, Cerebral Palsy or Kidney Foundation picks up your things when they are scheduled to be in your part of the neighborhood.

16. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    My mom has disposed of my old toys and card games a long time ago, so I grew up not remembering how my toys looked like, since she disposed of them quite quicky, like 2 yrs. after I outgrew it. So we never have clutter here at home since usused things get disposed of quite easily.

17. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I know some parents dispose off used toys to keep kids' room neat and tidy. Most children have the tendency of getting bored or overgrown for certain toys therefore some toys lose their utility. It's best to give those toys to children who really need them instead of throwing them in store or keep them on display unless your child is attached with a particular one.