What Do You Give To Someone Who Already Has It All?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Jasmine2015 • Dec 19, 2015.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I think the most precious commodity anyone has is time. Give them an afternoon, an enjoyable conversation, do something memorable together. Bake a cake, teach each other how to do something each of you didn't know how to do.

2. HappyKoi

HappyKoiNew Member

Threads:
    I agree. Giving someone your time and taking them somewhere fun is a good gift. For me, the best gifts are the things that mean something. If someone gave me a piece of gravel and said, "Here's some gravel from the playground where we used to hang out as kids", that would be a good gift. Can I get a piece of gravel anywhere? Sure. But this was something from a friend, who specifically thought of me. That is nice. I also favor gifts that you make just for that person. Food is also always a good gift. And some people may say that this is tacky, but if someone has a financial need, just give cash. It makes a good general gift, and you won't find it sitting on a table in a garage sale next year.

3. 17emilyhalko

17emilyhalkoMember

Threads:
    This sounds very corny, but some of the best gifts are the small things, the things that you can't really put a price on. No matter how many things someone owns, there's something else they are missing. Knowledge? Maybe. Love? That too. The girl probably doesn't have a very normal life as a kid. When she gets older, she might realize that she never really experienced some of the things that girls of a lower class got to experience. Maybe she won't experience real fun when she's a teen, the troublesome kind of fun. Some of the best gifts are experiences, time, knowledge, and love. And if you really give all of this to someone, you would think of something meaningful to give them, something you know that they would love, something meaningful, despite the cost. Give what money can't buy.