What Do You Like To Eat When You Watch A Movie?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by nanachan7 • Sep 3, 2017.

1. nanachan7

nanachan7New Member

Threads:
    Whenever I would see a picture showing a group of people with popcorn and are looking at the front, I would automatically think that they are watching a movie. I usually don't buy anything when I watch a movie but when I do, I buy popcorn of course. Since I had this impression that popcorn is the food you should choose when watching a movie. How about you? :p

2. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    Funny. Actually I go with a chin chin. Nothing makes a movie more enjoyable for me unless am relaxing with my bowl of chin chin at my side.

3. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends on where I'm watching and what I want to eat LOL! If I'm watching in theaters, the usual food I eat would be a big burger lots of fries and juice or soda. When I'm watching at home, it would be either chips or I'm eating left over dinner or whatever there is in the fridge LOL!

4. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    Popcorn is my go to movie food. It doesn't seem as enjoyable to watch a movie without popcorn or if I don't have that then I will have chips. I love movie theater popcorn so that is the only thing I will get at the theater. My kids like to have candy or even a pretzel when we go to the theater. They aren't into popcorn as much as I am.

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Basically salty snacks and soda because besides perfectly matching with movies :D, they are cheap options (and it's always good to save some money :p).

6. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I am that type of person that rarely has time to watch movies because of the type of work I do as well as considering the fact that if I am not working, I am online chatting with friends and families. I also have my online work to do every day which takes much of my time, however, when I watch movies, I feel comfortable if I am taking tea with biscuits for it makes me feel relaxed about watching movies for a long period of time especially movies that come in series like when I watch the Vikings from season one episode one to season four which I never believed that I could spend such a long time to watch.

So, when I am using the laptop and having a cup of tea in my hands, my friends that pass always rush to my place to the check type of movie I am watching for they always assume that I am watching a movie already and their guesses are always right.

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I actually don't like the taste of popcorn, I mean, it tastes average for me, it's not really delicious, so I tend to eat other types of food when I'm watching a movie, like junkfood or burgers for example.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    At a movie it must be pop corn with butter and a nice plump hot dog with relish and mustard please. I love it for this combination tastes good at movie theaters. When I make it at home it just doesn't have the great taste like at the movies food tastes. When I was younger and did not worry about sugar I had to have a coke with my combo of hot dog and buttered pop corn. Now it's just Arizona Tea's Watermelon Juice with everything, lol or unsweetened iced tea, please.

9. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely go to movie houses to watch movie, but if I do I like to have some company of about 2 or 3 like my friends or family for example. And depending on the mood, we buy some snacks but at times we just eat at the fastfood first before going to a particular cinema. I can't seem to enjoy eating at the cinema. While at home, I just eat whatever is available or better yet I go outside and buy chips at a nearby store.

10. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a bad habit, but I do like to munch at home especially if it's a scary movie. I tend to go for tortilla chips and dip like hummus because it's comfort food. I don't really like to eat in public unless I am really hungry. As a child it was a time to have a bag of sweets to yourself, but these days I don't eat in a cinema as it's expensive and I think it's too noisy when you want to watch a film.

I once worked in a cinema for a launch and saw how they made the popcorn in the machines and I tell you it will put you off. They reheat it and keep it overnight so it's not even fresh and mix it in with a new batch!

11. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon RasheedMember

Threads:
    I usually like to eat popcorn and snacks.I don't go to cinema so I enjoy watching movies at home.Watching movies at home with the family has a unique and enjoyable taste.You can enjoy with family by eating fresh popcorn and homemade snacks.

12. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely watch movies and when I do, it's usually at home with kids. When I was younger, popcorn was the usual treat when we go to the cinema, but this has changed in recent years. The kids prefer fries and burger over popcorn nowadays, although I would sometimes buy pop corn kernels when there are older relatives around and pop them using the microwave. There are days, too, when the kids would just watch movies without eating snacks.

13. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    usually, I don't eat or drink when I am watching movie. I do munch pop corn and chips and drink soft drinks or coffee when I am at the theaters, however, when I am watching movie at home, I don't like eating and drinking anything. I just sit relaxed and enjoy the movie. When I am inside the theater, I eat and drink because I don't want to look odd when the person next to me is munching and sipping.

14. Meeseeks

MeeseeksMember

Threads:
    Popcorn is my go-to snack when watching movies in cinema house, but when at home, I'd love to make my own snack like fries and burger before watching a movie. I don't know if it's just me, but I prefer popcorn when going to a movie house cause it's convenient not like other heavy snacks.

15. Rock1987

Rock1987Member

Threads:
    If I watch a movie at home alone or with my friends, I like to eat potato chips, nachos and cold drinks. Sometimes I eat homemade food. When I go to the movies, I like to eat popcorn and drink soda. I sometimes also purchase some treats at the movie theater snack bar.

16. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly choose to eat the pizza and the coke. And that goes out just fine for me. I also buy some of the oats and have it these days. The reason I prefer these is because it does help me to eat healthy. I have gained a lot of weight due to fast food. And so that's something one has to look upto.

17. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I like to watch movies, in the evrery night around 10 pm I set in y couch and watch television. Thre are some serials that I watch every night (C.S.I., NCIS, Abnormal Behavior, etc). Of course every time I watch a movie I take a snack, usually small things like chips, waffles, pop corn, etc.

18. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Popcorn seems to be a snack to go when we go to cinema too. Besides popcorn, potato chips seem to be a good choice as well. I actually like to watch movies without eating anything, so I usually eat the popcorn before the movie actually starts and then stay focus on the movie after it has started. I also like to have Coca-cola too while watching movies, though sometimes we buy a bottle of mineral water, Coca-cola just looks like a better match.

19. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    If you are talking about theaters then I too avoid any food inside theaters because they have increased food rate by lot. If we compare inside food and outside food then there is lot difference in price. So I surely don't like to waste money during watching movie in theater. Instead of that I would like to go for some restaurant after completing movie.

But when we are with kids, there is no way we can avoid it. And also avoiding it all time is not proper too. So sometimes we go for popcorn too. Popcorn with some cold drink is quite common food in theaters.

20. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Would you believe that in the olden days when I was still a student, we would bring our lunch to the movies. I remember the theaters then show 2 movies so that’s around 4 hours in duration. Together with my older brothers and cousins, we would go inside at 10 am for the first showing and after the first movie, we would be eating our lunch there, inside the theater while the second movie is being shown. But now, it’s always popcorn and soda, that’s for the sake of tradition. And since the cinema is now inside the mall so we just have our lunch in the restaurant of our choice, that’s outside the theater already.