What do you listen to?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by firelily99 • Mar 4, 2014.

1. firelily99

firelily99New Member

Threads:
    What kind of music do you have on your music player? Do you listen to audio books or only music. What kind of music do you listen to when you are working out?

2. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    Right now, I am in love with Bastille! I love Rhythm of the night. I think it's a stunning song and it gives me the tingles every time I listen to it. Absolutely amazing!

3. Trent

TrentMember

Threads:
    I'm currently listening to AC/DC.

4. firelily99

firelily99New Member

Threads:
    I've not heard of Bastille until now. What kind of music is it? I'm always interested in listening to new songs and genres, there is a lot of great music out there!

5. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    Not a bad choice!

I'm in to all things 90's alternative. STP, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Sublime, etc. Those bands just really get my blood pumping!

6. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    Lorde's and Paramore's songs are currently on repeat right now. I'm into feel good music. I love to listen to songs with an up-beat tempo.

7. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    I listen to all sorts of music. Generally I listen to Electronia (Dubstep, Electro, DnB, Trap and the like). My favourite channels to get music (on YouTube) are Monstercat, Trap and Bass, MA Dubstep and MA Electronic. Pop is alright, although I've listened to so much of it that I don't like it as much as I used to. Other genres are pretty good, including Classical and Instrumental.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually mostly listen to pop and rock, eventually some country or folk. I also enjoy a few hip hop styles and dance music, but they have to be tasteful. Lately I have been enjoying a band called Bastille and American Authors. Both really awesome bands!
    For working out I enjoy upbeat music, like Timber by Kesha.

9. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I love almost all kinds of music. Seriously. I am a fan of Watercolors station on Sirius XM radio which is contemporary jazz. I also love New Age, Soundtracks, Yanni, and Jesse Cook. The list goes on and on from Beatles, to 70's. to you name it. I really love non vocal stuff because someone else's words seldom 'fit' me. I love non vocal for the places it can take me on my own. As for vocals, I love good harmony no matter the style.

10. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I don't listen to audio books or anything like that. I prefer to read books and magazines myself. I actually prefer to listen to music, but I like all different types. I can't choose just one genre; I love them all, with a few exceptions.

11. sanders89

sanders89New Member

Threads:
    I like to have silence when I am working out, that's why I like to take walks around town or the neighborhood as exercise. I also really like listening to books on tape. If I am in the mood for music I usually will just turn on my itunes, or my pandora station.

12. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    I usually listen to Spanish music. Singers I grew up with mostly. I do like some English music like pop and country but there's nothing like listening to music that takes you back.

13. rezonate

rezonateNew Member

Threads:
    I pretty much listen to everything depending on my mood. But I mostly have a lot of alternative and rock on my playlist and sometimes talk and rnb then when I'm working out I like to listen to fast pace music like trance and house.

14. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I'm currently into acoustic covers of popular songs such as Love Yourself, and Habits. I really like the version of female singers because their voices are very cool to my ears and they provide excellent music while I'm busy.

15. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some one posted Chris Botti on facebook so I listened to some of his music for hours. I like jazz and old school R&B.

16. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I love oldies and listen to our oldies on the radio KKOL. I go to youtube.com when I crave music I don't hear on KKOL. 6035.
    image from

17. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I only listen to christian hymns. I used to listen to CCM but they really aren't about Jesus. Most of it is very lukewarm and sounds like they could be singing about their boyfriend or girlfriend. It sounds like any other pop song. I like the old school hymns. I'll listen on youtube usually to Chris Rice's renditions. But sometimes I find new ones and new groups that sing good christian music.

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually listen to RnB, pop, and rock music. I also listen to the same genre while I'm working out. The beat has to be fast and perky to get me pumped up and motivated in working out in the morning.

19. midorisour

midorisourNew Member

Threads:
    I don't usually listen to music when I'm working out at home. I will watch t.v. but if I go on walks, I will just put on Radio.com and listen to my favorite radio station Alice 97.3. I'm so glad that they are on Radio.com because not a lot of radio stations are on it. Its nice being able to listen to it via the internet. Alice usually plays top 100 music but no rap. I don't really like rap.

I haven't listened to audio books. I usually like reading them rather then having books read to me. My husband and my brother in law listen to audio books. They both have long drives and rather then listen to the radio they will put an audio book on . We are going on a road trip soon and I asked my husband to get several audio books for us to listen on the road. Since I get car sick reading books, I thought maybe I could try listening to an audio book on our long drive.

20. JaeRustia

JaeRustiaNew Member

Threads:
    right now, im listening to Taylor Swift's romantics, on queue is the album from Fifth Harmony