What do you think of Payza?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by hunysukle • Jun 3, 2012.

1. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    So now that Alertpay is now Payza, what is your opinion of this switch? I don't understand why Alertpay couldn't just keep their name and make the same changes. It seems rather unnecessary to make a whole new name.

2. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I was a little thrown off by the name change. I logged in and I was thinking it would look different, but it was still the same. I guess Alert Pay has some issues with keeping their name. The new name sounds better to me because it's just one word. Hopefully their service will improve with the name swap. Otherwise I might have to close my account.

3. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I wasn't worried about the name change before. I though that it was just a change from a long name AlertPay to a shorter one Payza but right now I think there are reasons that I should be worried. There are people claiming that their accounts have negative balances and their investments that they made through Payza are pulled off by Payza itself. This is really strange. Everybody is saying no that Payza is a scam.

4. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    The only thing I don't like about Payza's service is they charge .50 per withdrawals. With PayPal this is free, so I know it's a small charge, but it starts to add up. I haven't seen any negative balance in my account, so I can't speak on that issue. I know that I would rather prefer PayPal, but right now I'll stick with Payza.

5. classy_ally

classy_allyMember

Threads:
    I had AlertPay for awhile. I used the account a couple of times with no problems. The only thing I don't like is you can't add and change credit cards on the account that often. They may have changed this I'm not sure. I don't like the new name. It sounds like they are trying to get close to Paypal. But I would take them over Paypal any day. They have whole websites dedicated to Paypal complaints. It's unreal.

6. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    I have used Alertpay in the past and I am happy with their service. As far as I remember their withdrawal charges were somewhat high but that may have changed now.

The bigger problem is that not many merchants use Payza as an alternative to Paypal. The day Payza starts appearing on a majority of online stores, I would be happy to ditch Paypal but till then Payza is just a secondary payment option for me.

7. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen Alertpay in the past but I haven't seen ANYONE use it... -_- Why pick it over paypal? :3

8. mackaweazy

mackaweazyNew Member

Threads:
    Payza is still new. There aren't many traders using it. On the other hand, paypal is widely spread and is readily acceptable. Pay pal works smoothly in Africa.

9. missnc35

missnc35Member

Threads:
    I was using them when it was called AlertPay, only because a website I was working on only paid through them. I did not end up keeping the account because I found it to be confusing and they took even more fees than PayPal. I did not know they changed their name to Payza, I'm a little tempted to try them again.

10. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    They still have higher fees than paypal but some sites only use them so I do have an account. I don't really see the difference from when it was alertpay. to me it was just a name change.

11. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    My Payza account is frozen and I can't withdraw my money. Apparently Payza stopped allowing people to withdraw their money using a bank transfer. I didn't have any problems with this company before, but I see they have run into some problems. I sent a ticket to support explaining I need my money, but they haven't got back to me yet. I looked on the Internet, and there are a bunch of people who are mad about this decision, and they want some answers from Payza. I'll keep everyone posted if my status changes, but I hope everything goes well.

12. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I have never used any other service beyond Paypal but the more I hear about this Alertpay/Payza, the more I am thinking of trying it out. I haven't had any issues with Paypal recently but I have in the past. My advice to anyone using Paypal is, if you use your account for anything else, such as eBay etc, AND you use it to receive payments - open a separate paypal account. ALL of my problems were related to eBay and yet my entire account was frozen, including funds I had received as payment from my business.

13. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Right now the only way to take out money from Payza is using the check method and a bank wire. These are all free of charge, but Payza does normally charge 15.00 for bank wires. I was hearing if you're a new customer you shouldn't have all these problems, but Payza is working on fixing these problems. Other than that they have a great service, but I'm waiting until they fix the bank transfer.

14. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I am not happy with the site. I have money in an account and have not been able to get it. A request for a check has a minium amount required in the account and a service charge. The pre paid card is not available. How do you get your money?

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I'm kind of neutral with the name change, but they have put up another payment processor company and that is Egopay. Payza has decided not to deal anymore with shady internet investment sites like money cyclers and HYIP, so they put up Egopay to deal with those kind of sites. The fees are quite high though when you transfer your Payza funds to Egopay. I got charged 95 cents when I transferred $9.21 to my Egopay account.

16. Rob

RobMember

Threads:
    I also found out that Alertpay changed it's name to Payza. I also preferred the old name, too.
    Payza is pretty useless service if you enjoy online shopping, as no reliable store accepts that as the payment method.
    So Paypal is the only payment processor I have to stick to. I've never had any problems with PP, fortunately.... :cool:

17. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I thought it was just a name change. Have the owners changed? As for the change of name, I quite like Payza but I also like Alterpay, both are good brand names. They must have thought a name change will improve their position in the market.

18. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I liked the name change that happened however I still think that there are no other improvements aside from that. There is still a huge difference regarding popularity and customer preference regarding Payza and PayPal and a simple name change wouldn't be of huge help to the Payza team.

19. LovelyLanie

LovelyLanieMember

Threads:
    I've been using Paypal, but I just signed up for Payza today as a matter of fact. Funny that I had never heard about them before today and then seeing this thread, like synchronicity. It's strange to know that they just made these changes and so you have piqued my interest.

20. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:

They probably had to change the name due to some sort of stigma attached to it or perhaps a legal issue. But either way, it does bring an air of confusion because many people are unaware that Payza even is the former Alertpay.