What Do You Think Of The Fidget Spinner?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Beast_Titan • May 26, 2017.

1. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    This toy is very popular right now for adults and kids. It is originally created for children with ADHD but people of all ages became obsessed with this toy and it is currently trendy. Many adults uses this as a stress reliever at work.

Oh if you want to buy this toy half the price, You can buy it here but the promo only have 25 minutes left:

This High end Fidget Spinner from Amazon is also 50 percent off at Amazon:

This low end one, is just 99 cents:

The toy getting a lot of fame caused it to have a lot of haters. There are people who are annoyed of this toy because of seeing it everywhere.

Do you think this toy is a fad or it will be as iconic as the rubix cube or the Yoyo ?

2. spike1206

spike1206New Member

Threads:
    I think the toy is going to end up being a fad. I think it will be similar to the Silly Bandz craze that occurred back in 2008 as it has now completely faded away and nobody uses them anymore. I feel that the fidget spinner will lose its popularity over the next coming months before fading off the charts and a new toy taking the center stage.

3. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    A company is giving away free fidget spinners!

If someone here wanted to join the bandwagon but doesn't want to spend money. This is your chance to have a free addictive toy that you will use all day long.

4. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    They're okay if you like them but if you're out there buying the most expensive one, I think it's a waste. I've seen that the spin time difference between a 100-dollar fidget spinner and a .99 cent fidget spinner is only around 30 seconds. In that case, you're spending 99 dollars for a slightly heavier or better-looking fidget spinner and 30 seconds more of spinning which is a rip-off. 100-dollar fidget spinners? Waste. Cheap fidget spinners are okay.

#4Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If it helps people it's okay with me. I don't see the use of it though. I too believe it'll be a fad only. I first saw about this little gizmo on the news. The news said that teachers don't want it in their classrooms. There are all kinds of Fidget Spinners ranging from $3 - $9.99 each. If I had children I'd not buy it for them though and explain that there are much more constructive things to do and get to help them study better.

6. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I Just bought two for my self. I think it wont be a fad, it will be the next stress ball. It is really stress relieving and I am using to of them at work.

I found 2 discount deals for high end spinners:

They have nice design and they are more durable than some cheap ones.

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Don't get me wrong, but... This is a total and complete waste of time! :eek: I've never seen toy as useless as this. Playing with this toy is like having to go from point A to point B and not actually taking one single step. o_O

8. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I have ADHD and this had been very useful at office work. I felt less stressed out and more focus with my job.It is not really useless as people claim it to be. It has a calming effect that really works for me. The vibration it made in my hands is really stress relieving it.

9. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    They are a craze where I live and have been banned from my granddaughter's school. She has two or three but seems to be losing interest in them a bit now.

I saw an article the other day where a child had pushed out one of the sections and got his finger stuck in the hole causing redness and swelling so that he could not get it out. He had to go to hospital to get it removed.

10. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I found a site where you can have a chance to get a free fidget spinner:

Yup you have a chance to win a spinner of your own for free. This promo will end in 3 weeks before they choose a winner.

11. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I think that the fidget spinner is a very popular toy but is not that useful as I thought it would be! I had to buy one for my son last spring and I have paid 15 dollars for one toy. I think the price was very high for such an unuseful toy.

12. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    If they are a stress reliever for ADHD, then I think this you is a good idea. I think it is a waste of time for kids and adults who do not have the disorder because it is fun to play with for about 5 minutes and then loses its appeal. My son has two of them and does not really play with them at all anymore. I too feel that it is a fad that will end up fading out soon.

13. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's a cool toy. It helps people with mental disorder and I truly believe in that. My brother has ASD and he likes spinning objects so we decided to buy him a fidget spinner. Well we were glad that it helps him relax whenever he watch it spinning for a long time. Same with me, I'm suffering from anxiety and watching it spin ease my mind. I don't know how but it does.

14. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I fail to see what ll the fuss is about ad have read more incidents with them, such as people using the wrong parts of the body to use it, and injuring themselves. It is considered a toy, but I still don't think it's safe, because anything that spins out of control can cause harm. I expect the fad to be over before Christmas and something else will have taken its place as the 'in' thing to have.

15. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I am not sure the actual benefits of this toy but I have seen many kids in the park playing with it while they are walking. Some kids told me some fidget spinners are quite expensive, though I don't know what the differences are between the less expensive ones. We didn't buy any for our children, but we followed some instructions online and made some simple spinners together with them, and our children like the ones we DIY as well.

16. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I am not sure why all the kids should be given a fidget spinner. If they are originally designed for those with ADHD to help them sit still in one place and improve concentration, it is quite clear that normal kids do not need this toy. In fact, by giving the kids a fidget spinner, we are only taking away their ability to concentrate on work at hand as they become focused towards playing with the toy. I have also read of small accidents involving the spinner such as the toy flying away from hand of a kid while trying to spin it fast and hitting another one on the face. So I don't think its a good idea for most kids.

17. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Every toy that is designed to spin or race is a potential cause of home accidents. I have heard horror stories online of this toy being left around and it sends whoever steps on it into a flying spin. It can cause some really big injury and I am not even sure why it was designed and mass produced for kids anyway. It's all well and good if it helps people with anxiety or ADHD but it seems like most parents assume it's just a cute little toy for their kids. There should be more materials provided by the manufacturers about the dangers associated with having a toy like this.

18. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    Before I seen the fidget spinner, I had seen an add for a little cube that had different types of things on each side that could be played with for kids or adults with ADHD. It fit in the palm of your hand and they could fidget with the cube versus fidgeting in their seat. Then all of a sudden the spinners came out and blew up the market. Now because of this kids with ADHD can't even use these in schools since they are now banned. These weren't supposed to be mainstream toys but for some reason they are now. I don't see the appeal for them. It spins...wow! It is crazy how expensive some of them can be too.

19. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    My son was crazy for fidget spinner and he had 4 of them. But after sometime he lost interest in it. There was also a post on facebook with the photos of children who had jammed their fingers in the fidget spinner’s holes and it was all bloody. My husband threw away all the spinners that we had. I did not use it and hence don’t know the calming effects of it. Maybe it is okay for adults who will not do such things like putting their fingers inside the holes, but for the children who don’t know the consequences, they are dangerous. Thank God my children did not do such things.

20. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Looks like a fun little gizmo, but I would not believe anything about the help with anything else like math or attention skills. It is nice to think but those claims seem a little out there, not without more research at least.