What do you usually buy on Black Friday?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by NopGuy • May 7, 2012.

1. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    My wife and I are going to be on an extremely tight budget for Christmas. Because of that, we will probably spend Black Friday getting things we need rather than getting things we want. However, most of the things I am referring to are things you get at a grocery store, and I am not sure how much Black Friday impacts a grocery store.

2. kalasin

kalasinMember

Threads:
    I have never been Black Friday shopping. I did work retail one Black Friday (or Hot Friday, as we were required to call it for race reasons) and never, ever again will I do so.

There just isn't any amount of money I could save that would justify me getting up early, waiting in lines, dealing with crowds, having the potential item sold out, etc.

I can tell you from my one retail job experience that you cannot go Black Friday shopping with specific items in mind. Some people just like hunting for deals but in my family we have pretty specific lists and that makes it harder.

3. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    It went last holiday season, I don't celebrate xmas but I still like the deals. I just got a bunch of toys for my kids and a few other items I though were a good deal. I honestly don't think it's worth it, there are good deals on some things but there's too much waiting in lines, bumping into everyone and staying up late to be worth going.

4. cooperbonnie86

cooperbonnie86Member

Threads:
    Usually buy Christmas items and PC games.

5. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    Last black friday I bought a couple of t shirts for $2 each and swimming trunks for $5. Overall I saved quite a bit of money, even though I only had about 20 bucks to spend. Normally the price for all those would be triple that.
    Usually on black friday I buy electronics because those tend to be the greatest deals, but I didn't have enough to spare on things that weren't actually needed last year. This year, however, if I have enough and there are deals on items I want badly enough, I might do the whole camp-out thing on black friday.

6. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I never buy anything on Black Friday. I'm just not into shopping on big holiday sale days. I guess it's because I hate crowds.

7. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    It all depends on the things that I want or need. A few years ago I stood in line to buy a nintendo system. Another year I stood in line for a good price on a t.v. Last year that only Black Friday store we went to was Old Navy. There was a deal that if you bough $40 in items, the first 100 customers could get a free waterproof camera. The camera was a great gift for my daughter, and we got excellent deals on clothes. It worked out fabulous! I can't wait till the ads come out this year for us to look at.

8. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    I'm really tight on money this year but I usually get videogames since there's always a lot of deals going on. Sometimes general electronics, sometimes clothes, sometimes CD's/DVD's (although there's usually not many deals)

9. dmm2702

dmm2702New Member

Threads:
    I normally go shopping on black Friday to get presents for my kids. I buy them video games, dvd's, toys, pajamas, and whatever I think they will like or want if its on sale.

I also buy some household items if I need them and they are on sale.

I have never waited in line for a store to open. I go after the store has been open for a couple of hours to avoid the mobs of people who are after the big ticket items.

My husband will stay home and shop online for the bigger ticket items and stay with the kids while I go to the stores.

10. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have never had any desire to go out shopping on Black Friday. I know for some the is a way to get a great deal, and for others is actually part of their holiday tradition. But for me I would rather avoid all of the massive crowds, and chaos of that day. No, I would rather stay home and partake of my holiday tradition cleaning the house for the holiday season.

11. webdesignsbyapw

webdesignsbyapwNew Member

Threads:
    On Black Friday, we usually purchase all of our Christmas presents for the family. The only problem is that there are way too many people in the stores. Last year it was so crowded that I started to become very uncomfortable in my surroundings. There were people that were so close to me that they were practically touching me. I couldn't squeeze through anywhere because it was so crowded.

Now me and my husband have decided to shop online for black Friday because it will save us time and we also don't have to fight to crowds.

12. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually buy eletriconics. Like tablets, computers tvs etc. I don't do much of black Fridays due to the crowds and stuff.

13. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't usually buy anything on Black Friday. But this year I'm saving up to get a great deal on a new laptop. If I have anything left over, then I might buy a tablet. I am hoping to buy online and avoid the stores.

14. Carolinacustom

CarolinacustomNew Member

Threads:
    I LOVE Black Friday and think of it as sport shopping;-) my mom and I go together every year and vow not to let unruly shoppers bring us down. We grab the paper Thanksgiving night and formulate our plan. We always end up with a ton of toys and home goods. I always try to get as many Christmas gifts as possible, but always end up with more for myself;) this year our big ticket item is a power wheels four wheeler for my three year old!!!

15. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    I usually dont buy anything. This year though i hope to buy Battlefield 4 and a mechanical keyboard. MAYBE even a new SSD drive

16. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I honestly will usually get beauty products, clothing and maybe some gadgets. However, I do all of that online, I never actually go to the stores and stay in line for hours!

17. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Last year I didn't do the whole black Friday thing (I am def doing it this year tho) but I did do the cyber Monday deals and I got a tablet and toys for the kids and also got the whole family some clothes.

18. downloadsincomplete

downloadsincompleteMember

Threads:
    I usually look for electronics and gadgets. Whenever there's a new electric gizmo out, it will go on sale at the usual retail stores, PLUS there will be some sort of gift card bonus. I know with Best Buy, the previous model iPad is $50 off with another $75 Best Buy gift card. I think Target is doing the same. But all the other things, I will just buy on another day.

19. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I have gone to a Black Friday sale once. I bought some clothes and a laptop computer, which I got a good deal and were the first one who grabbed the laptop. I am not going to Black Friday sale this year because there are crazy people out there.