What do you when you find a scratch on your vehicle?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by MrsJones • Dec 24, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Today while out and about shopping I noticed a scratch on our SUV. It was pret-ty noticeable. No need in trying to think about how it got there just what are we going to do about it now. I've seen this advertisement for a topical treatment I think it's called Scratch B Gone. Has anyone every tried that or anything similar? Were you satisfied with the outcome? How was the pricing?

2. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I actually hit the jackpot as far as finding my car scratched. I came back to my car to find most of the passenger side completely scratched and dented. Someone had basically tried to park much to close to me and swiped my car. Thankfully, she had left a note with all her contact information/insurance information and they actually followed up on getting the repairs done. I asked the insurance adjuster about how many cases do they have where someone left a note and they said "less than 5% of cases we get have a note left for them."

The one issue I have with those scratch removal projects is you really don't know if it was done correctly. So when I can, I prefer to bring it into the body shop and have any bigger scratches repaired the right way.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, I must say I usually do nothing. It's pretty normal to find a scratch or two eventually in your car. To me It's not worth it to get it fixed for so little... I will usually ask the mechanics to take care of the scratches whenever I have something bigger to get fixed in my car, for example another car crashed into mine last month and I asked the mechanic that was fixing it to take care of the scratches as well while he was doing that. I probably would only take it to a workshop because of a scratch it was a very visible scratch, or if I maybe was going to sell my car. Obviously, if I saw the person who scratched my car, I would definitely ask them to pay for it to get fixed. However it's very rare that you actually see who does it, which is unfortunate!