What Gifts Are You Getting For The Kids This Year?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by DrRipley • Dec 4, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Every Christmas I draw a blank whenever I need to think of a gift for the kids in my family. I want to get something less predictable and more suitable to their tastes but usually after a while I just resort back to the default ones I usually get them which is usually some toy guns or video games for the boys and some dolls for the girls. I really hope I can come up with something unique this year but unfortunately there just aren't too many options here.

That said, I'd love to hear what you guys are planning to get the kids in your family this Christmas. I'm sure there have been a lot of new concepts that have popped up since last years holiday season.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just the same old gifts:

I buy picture books and stuffed toys for the kids under 5 yrs. For the older kids I usually get them whatever they ask me for. Last year I bought one of my nieces a Geometry set. Pretty cheap yeah but she was very happy when she got her gift.

3. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    My kid loves to play with soft toys. Hence I am planning to get them heaps of soft toys although they have quite a plenty by now. But the thing is they do not like any other toys other than the soft toys. Hence my chances of choosing are very much limited.

4. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I was just about to ask this question and then I see this thread posted here. Honestly though I think that I like buying gifts for the kids more then for the adults because to me I think that it is a lot easier for me to find gifts for the kids but when it comes to getting gifts for the adults then that could be a bit of a hassle. For the kids though for my nephew I will be getting him the usual and that is a little toy truck. For my niece all she wants is the newest model of the baby alive doll so I think that will be an easy one as well.

5. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I have 4 children. I sort of dread the influx of new crap every christmas, to be honest. We live in America. We aren't by any means rich, but Godamighty are we spoiled.

I usually spend the month of december pruning old things out and making room for the new. And then, I limit the amount of stuff I'll get my kids, knowing grandparents ALWAYS go overboard. I like to be creative with gifts and to get them things that they will enjoy for a long time, and use a lot. Last year they got a karaoke machine, which is, to this day, their favorite thing and they use it all the time. This year my husband is building them a stage in the basement so they can sing and perform on it. I'm not adding to our huge number of dress-up clothes, but we're creating a new space (as part of the stage) for better storage and organization. Overall, this will be a good gift for them AND for me. :)

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm thinking of giving each one of my little nephews, nieces and godchildren any of the following gift items: children's books if not a compilation of Disney tales, a coloring set complete with crayons, markers and glitter glues or a Barney or Blue's Clues backpack. They can pick the stuff they want. I'll just present everything to them in a large Santa box.

7. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    This year I have been saving up my gift cards from sites and have been buying clothes on clearance. When I get $10 off $10 coupons from JCP that's when I swoop in and buy. I bought clothes on sale in July and just saved them away for Christmas. So far I have spend under $40 and bought gifts for over 20 people. I am so proud of my haul this year!

8. Misslisa

MisslisaMember

Threads:
    My children are very artistic, so I have purchased musical instruments, art supplies and other items that would help them explore and practice their talents.

9. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Skylanders are really popular toys around where I live since they have integrated both the virtual realm of games and real-life attractive figures. I might consider buying a couple, but I worry that it might develop into a very expensive collection for the kids.