What if you can't post because you're on a trip?

Discussion in Suggestions & Feedback started by jamoe • Jun 2, 2013.

1. jamoe

jamoeNew Member

Threads:
    I'm new to the forum and you have some rules for it. I'm going on a trip soon--will I get blocked from the forum if I can't post while on the trip? I hope not!

2. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    I really doubt it. While forums often encourage posting often, I've never heard of a forum which requires constant posting. I've left for a few days before without a problem from this forum too.

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    There is only a few forums that do that - banning you for not posting for a certain period of time - but this not one of them.

4. davidexct

davidexctNew Member

Threads:
    You will not be banned for non activity on this forum. Members are banned only if they don't follow the rules and not posting regularly is no rule here. There is exactly no problem if you are not able to post while you are travelling.

Best of luck for your trip. Enjoy it.

5. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Forums are like communities. People go on vacation or have things to do. Have a safe trip and we can hear about it when you come back. Bon voyage!

6. webdesignsbyapw

webdesignsbyapwNew Member

Threads:
    No, that would not happen. Actually, if you still want to post you will have the ability to do this while you're on the trip. For example, you could use your smart phone to post on the forums. Sometimes I do this if I am bored or just want to know the answer to something on the forums. It's really easy to use your iPhone however it can be a bit slow if you're trying to navigate in the forum using your phone.

Let's say that you're in a place that doesn't get Internet. In this case, you'd you don't have to worry about being banned or anything like this. Forums are you always available unless you have been gone for six months or more. This is one some forums may banned you for inactivity.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think so. I have had times where I didn't post for a while cause I couldn't and when I came back I just started where I left off at.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I also don't think that this forum is that strict, otherwise they would include that rule in the rules and regulations thread. I have been inactive too from time to time and my account is still ok.

9. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Well I did't when I stopped posting for a while. So, I doubt anyone else will be.

10. mikka254

mikka254Banned

Threads:
    I would think that the only reason your account could get blocked is if you break any of the forum rules the admin conveniently posted on the forum homepage.

11. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I took a long, long break from forum posting and didn't know if my account would still be waiting for me when I got back. But I was welcomed back with open arms and quite happy about it. Now I've been quite active on here, posting until I can't think of anything else to post about. And quite happy to be here, as I've learn quite a lot from this site.

12. stardisgate

stardisgateNew Member

Threads:
    You should be fine. I am sure people go on vacation all the time. I think that if it were an issue, there would be a way to reactivate it. I am sure you would be able to write to them and let them know what is going on. If there is an issue, see if you can dispute it.

13. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I'm glad I found this thread because I myself will be on a trip this weekend and I'm not very sure if I would get an Internet connection.

I had been removed for being inactive for more than a week in the past because I had been to a long vacation and I did not give any warning to the forum owner I was in. I guess it was my mistake but I hope forums rule is different nowadays in term of inactivity.