What Is It About "not Sold In Stores" Infomercials That Makes You Buy Things?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by ImariFutari • Apr 4, 2015.

?

Do You Buy Off of "Not Sold in Stores" Informercials?

1. YES!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ...No. Never.

83.3%
  3. On Ocassion. Sometimes, there are cool things there.

16.7%
  1. nailah783

nailah783Member

Threads:
    I think it makes people panic to know that this may be their last chance to get some of these items. In ll reality though, Walmart and other stores has an As Seen On TV section and most of these items are there. Those 3 easy payments aren't always so easy. So people should beware of these issues and not use a credit card that will have the funds that you are trying to save on it.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Like Joan I saw the Nu-Wave and want to get one too, but I'll wait a while yet. I don't buy usually from infomercials, because I like a buying place with a customer service. I check reviews and research products first before I buy. I guess people buy from infomercials because they aren't in stores. I don't think it's greed that increases infomercial sales it's just necessity of product that you can't find in stores increases sales.

3. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    I've never really been drawn in by these commercials, but I think the appeal is that you will be leaving to get an item that people can't just go pick up at the store if they see it and like it. You can show off the item for awhile because most people would rather wait until it's in stores or try to find something similar.

4. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrieMember

Threads:
    I too have the NutraBullet. It's the perfect size and it works perfectly. I actually bought it at a garage sale though so I guess it doesn't count. I also have a sandwich and everything else make that my sister in law bought for me. She saw the infomercial and went crazy buying them up for all 7 of us girls for Christmas one year. Honestly, I have never used it. I went through the box and read the recipes and thought sure It's cool but nope never used it. It and all the nifty gadgets that came with it will probably end up in one of my garage sales. The only infomercials I watch are for cooking items and I'm just watching to steal the recipes. I have never bought something from the TV and I probably won't. But oh maybe the bacon bowls LOL those look fun but probably not as I have seen them on the As-Seen-On-TV shelf at Walmart. If I find I can't live without them I will buy them there.