What is the best As Seen On TV Product you've tried/one that lived up to expectations?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by lavenderblue • Mar 9, 2014.

1. lavenderblue

lavenderblueMember

Threads:
    Usually the commercials seem to be the best part of As Seen On TV products and the actual products aren't quite as amazing or as much of a grand value as they're stated to be, at least that has been my experience. So my question is- have you ever gotten a product that really was as great as you were hoping it would be or even exceeding those expectations? Very curious about what ones are worth checking out.

2. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I think the best I have seen is the expandable garden hose. It is light and does what it says and gets rid of the mess of a big bulky hose. A lot of the other items, just come off a bit too "marketed" for my taste and I am skeptical about whether they really live up to the hype.

3. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    There was one my mom bought for me, I can't remember what it was called. I have seen others similar but not exactly. Dang it, wish I could remember what it's called. It's been used so many times that the name has washed and faded off. I just call it my chopper. I use it all the time to dice onions. I cut an onion in half and place it on top of this metal part and you put down the top and you do have to use a lot of pressure, but you press it down and the onion goes rights through it and it dices it very evenly and completely. It's dishwasher safe and it has yet to get dull on me. I just love it and highly recommend it.

Oh, I just found it on the Target website. It's called the Vidalia Chop Wizard. It works great and worth the money.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I mentioned it on another thread, but the Tony Little Gazelle is great product. It is very smooth to use, and although it's lightweight, it is still sturdy and well designed and doesn't wobble all over the place. It's also very easy to pick up and move from room to room or storage. My sister was who actually bought it, but I tried it out several times. It's much better than those costlier cross country machines that break down very easily and get stuck on their tracks.

Another good one is the Emeril Lagasse brand Pressure Cooker from T-Fal. Personally I have the Nesco pressure cooker, but that's only because I bought it before I saw the Emeril one. The Emeril Electric Pressure Cooker is very well made, and has regularly been at the top of a number of lists reviewing various models. America's Test Kitchen ranked it the best out of all the electric models they tried.

5. Magicman94

Magicman94Member

Threads:
    I forgot what it's called but it's a spinning carousel that has different sized containers. It's about 8 or 9 years old and still works great. It was meant to clean up your tupperware cabinet, and it really does the job!

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was surprised by how much I liked the Magic Bullet. I heard that it was terrible, but a lot of those comments are due to user error. If you read the directions, it tells you when you pulse, when to use lock on mode, when to use the flat blade, when to use the cross blade, and when to gently shake the container so that the ingredients settle to the bottom to be blended.
    If you follow all the directions, it doesn't leak or have chunks of unblended ice. I actually like the Magic Bullet now.

7. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    Alright, I am going to be going YEARS back here, but do you guys remember The Perfect Pancake? I actually purchased it and loved it, that thing truly did create some perfect pancakes! haha.

8. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    My mom got me a Magic Bullet knockoff. Looks the same, works the same. The only difference is that it doesn't come with recipes for some reason. I guess a lot of people don't have the patience to read the instructions that come with a product, including myself. For me, it was a matter of trial and error. But I got it to work pretty good now, so I'm happy with it. It's a lot easier to use and clean than my full sized blender.

9. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I feel like asking 'what is the best As Seen On TV product' is like the equivalent of asking 'what is the best dollar menu item'? Yes, it's technically a food/product. Yes, it's relatively cheap. Yes, it's definitely for a niche market. It's just tough to say something is the best out of a lot of things that are the worst.

10. tmbits

tmbitsNew Member

Threads:
    Magic Bullet lit my fire!

When we first ordered it I held LOW expectations but the commercial was pretty convincing. Well, we got it (it was a couple of years ago) and it was everything it claimed to be and more! We were very pleasantly surprised at how well it really did work! Of course nothing looked like it did on TV but regardless it worked and worked well! In fact it still IS working 2 years later! It held up to some brutal requests we made of it. Its ground endless mounds of ice, peanuts and coffee beans. I rarely put my name behind a "made for TV" product but this one did it for me. Its success is notable in the fact that in most Home Appliance sections of large retailers it can now be found right beside the top of the line expensive products.

11. J3NN4

J3NN4Member

Threads:
    I think Mighty Putty lived up pretty well. I've used it to fix the flooring in our kitchen, fix the rod in the closet when it snapped, and fixed a few planters around our house. We got enough to last us a lifetime, and it works terrifically.

12. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I love my Magic Bullet. It does almost everything.
    I can blend frozen milk to make any smoothie. I love the peach smoothie.
    It cuts down on my time foe making soups. It can chop onions and vegetables.
    The only thing it does not do well is make a smoothie using vegetables.

13. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I remember buying the Turbo Tiger vacuum cleaner when As Seen on TV was just starting out. My husband and I purchased the item not through TV order but through one of their dealers placed in a department store. I guess you have seen those guys doing demos near the checkout counters of supermarkets and house ware sections of department stores - it's from one of those sellers where we bought ours.

It was originally bought to clean our desktop computers and for minor office cleanup. I'm surprised that it is still working up to this day. I even use for vacuuming room carpets. Our Turbo Tiger is more than 10 years old now.

14. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    I have the magic bullet. i also used it for making smoothies until I ordered the Blendtec blender from onnit.com

Now I have the power to blend an iphone if I wanted to. So, making smoothies is at a whole new level. For those on a budget, I recommend going for the magic bullet. If you have the money to spend on it, purchase the Blendtec blender.

15. streakanime

streakanimeMember

Threads:
    StoneWave ( I think that's the name of it ) easily the best AS SEEN ON TV product I've had. I made omelettes in it all the time and they are delicious! It is an easy way to make them for someone who is not so good with the stove. I actually really love AS SEEN ON TV products though.

16. DDavies

DDaviesActive Member

Threads:
    We have 2 of them! They came in handy when the kids were smaller and had to put dishes away. We didn't have a mess of bowls and lids under the counters. I believe they started selling these at some big box stores a few years after I bought ours via the TV ad.