What is the one product that you bought that was utterly disappointing?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by brandon0818x • Jun 8, 2014.

1. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought a few things from As Seen On TV that disappointed me when I bought it. One of those things are the miracle socks. They are supposed to help your feet when you stand a lot. The socks are supposed to make your feet and legs feel better and keep them from swelling. The socks didn't work for either one of those things. Where I work, I have to stand on my feet for my entire shift so I bought the miracle socks thinking they would help my feet. They didn't help at all. My feet and legs were still hurting when I got home from work. The socks were kind of expensive for one pair and they didn't work.

2. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    Hot Huez was a horrible product.

We tried them (she's 5, I'm 24) and worst experience ever. I think I actually cursed the person that invented chalk. They were horrible. Neither of us have curly hair. My hair is straight and medium thickness, hers is straight and fine and we could barely get the chalk down a strip of our hair. Instead of cute lines of color all I it gave us was chalk dust and sprinkles of color in certain sections.

I took it back for a refund and we just looked for something else. Don't buy, it's not worth it.

3. Hamz10

Hamz10Member

Threads:
    I brought the V-slicer which slices food using a v shaped blade. The mechanism was so bad as it jammed every time you used it also the tray to place food on was too small for bigger items. The blade turned blunt after using it 7-8 times. Waste of £30!

4. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    Vinyl / leather repair kit :(

A few years back, I purchased the vinyl / leather repair kit and it was horrible. We had just purchased a new kitchen set and the chairs were black faux leather. We didn't even have it for a week and my cat scratched one of the chairs. :( I was so sad I would of tried anything at that point so I saw this and bought it.
    Big mistake!! It didn't work at all and actually made more of a mess on the chair!

Never again!!!
    Danyel :(

5. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Sauna belts. I bought one of these crappy things just to help out with my quest to fit in my jeans. I did a lot of exercise and I purchased one just to make the slimming a bit faster but all it did was just burn my belly. And the damn thing went dead after a few weeks. But at least I got my belly toned down so I guess it's okay.

6. kbroder9

kbroder9Member

Threads:
    Tater mitts! First off, I'm a little obsessed with As Seen On TV items. My mom bought me a pair of tater mitts as a joke one year for Christmas but I was so excited to try them out to get all the skin off the potatoes for dinner, quickly, by just rubbing the potato with your hands! What a disappointment. It almost looks like there are fish tank pebbles just glued to rubber oven mitts and they start falling off as soon as you wet them. You have to scrub that potato for so long to get any of the skin off and it's exhausting! Haha, oh well, won't make that purchase again!

7. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    I think that the most disappointing product I've ever purchased is the Dry Cooker Pan. After just a few times it went directly to garbage. I had to use a lot of oil as the aliments would stick up to it and it was pretty hard to clean it. I wouldn't recommend you this kind of product.

8. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never tried the Miracle Socks, nor would I at any time in the future. However I have noticed that several brands of men's athletic socks that I purchased recently had something similar going on with them - they are stitched together in a different manner, with some parts of the sock thicker than others, and some parts of the sock are stretchier while others are more firm. I absolutely hate them, and now I'm stuck with a bunch of socks that I cannot wear. They are hard to put on, and the weird tension in them causes them to slide off my feet constantly if I am walking around the house without my shoes on.

I've also tried those Dr. Scholl's foot pads for your shoes, and didn't like them either because they made my shoes fit too tight, and in turn made my feet sore and the tops of my feet raw from scraping against my shoes so much.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For our household it would have to be the ceramic saucepans that aren't supposed to burn and are supposed to be easy to clean. They don't work. Or rather they work for a little while but the ability to reuse them without them burning is severely limited. On TV it shows that you don't even really have to clean them in the traditional way - that you can just swipe a piece of paper around it and that will clean the saucepan out, because they are supposed to be non-stick, but after a while you cannot do this. You have to wash them the traditional way. Waste of money.

10. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    As much as I love the ease of shopping online, I have been burnt most of the time whenever I have tried to buy something online. I brought a Laptop Cooler back in May 2014, but it turned out to be damaged. The refused to return it saying I must have broken it.

11. kwriter93

kwriter93Member

Threads:
    I've tried these little hair curling balls (can't remember what they were called). They were just little foam balls with a split middle (still attached though), and you would just wrap your hair around them when slightly wet. Unfortunately, I don't think these were made for anyone with fine hair..

I put them in after letting my hair dry a little, slept in them over night (as directed) and was devastated. I was so excited when I was about to take them out, I thought I would have bouncy loose curls; no, no and no. Not only could I barely remove them from my hair, my hair was so curly it shrunk up to about a third of it's straight length and stood straight out from my head. I was very disappointed.

12. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought this 3-in-1 hair styling set complete with a ceramic straightener, a curling iron and a spiral tong. It has this really glossy covering, making you think it's of good quality. I tried the ceramic straightener first but it didn't show great results. I have naturally curly hair and it looked a mess after I tried straightening it with the ceramic plate. Next were the curling iron and the spiral tong. They help you achieve the curly dolly look but they don't hold out for long. Maybe in 30 minutes you can say good bye to your efforts. I was thoroughly disappointed. I plan to sell it but I want to spare the person who'll buy it the disappointment I went through.

13. DreekLass

Threads:
    That is why where online shopping is concerned, one must always head to the places that are well known brands such as Amazon, or even Ebay. They have money back policies in place, and they seem fair enough. If they cannot prove that you damaged the product then they have to give you your money back right? Usually there is a certain amount of time that you have to return the product whether you damaged it or not. I ordered a phone from Ebay and one of the main features that I bought it for wasn't working. The seller didn't question me and immediately offered me a refund or an exchange for the same product.

14. Teens In Crisis

Teens In CrisisMember

Threads:
    I got this maskai, or something, crystal ball thing, it was so dumb! It was just one ball inside another clear ball. You could tell it was fake and didn't look anything like it did on the TV. It was even worse because I got them for like 3 friends too. We all pretty much gave them away after the first day. They sucked.

15. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    I am a tool nut. If you put me in the middle of a hardware store or the tool section of Lowes I can literally stay just about all day. But, now I know my limitations when it comes to purchasing tools on line. First, know exactly what you want and have seen it on a shelf in a store. Second, do not be tempted to buy something other than what you have seen because of a drastic price difference. Life is so much simpler now that I have given myself these two rules to follow. I have been stung too many times ordering tools that break or burn out too easily. Even if they come with some sort of a guarantee, there are too many hastles to get the money back.

16. JadaGCoffey

JadaGCoffeyNew Member

Threads:
    That side sleeper pillow. It just fell apart. I love the idea. It's a curved kind of C shaped. It did wrap around me nice. But it just looked like somebody took it to a shredder after three days. No kidding, we put the stuffing in a box and took it back to the store. We got our money back, but it was kind of embarrassing to return a box of shredded pillow. I am a sucker for every kind of new pillow. I do LOVE the neck pillow tho, it does save my neck and back by making the alignment more right. And of course, the long body pillow is awesome. That side sleeper pillow. It just fell apart. I love the idea. It's a curved kind of C shaped. It did wrap around me nice. But it just looked like somebody took it to a shredder after three days. No kidding, we put the stuffing in a box and took it back to the store. We got our money back, but it was kind of emba& shredded pillow. I am a sucker for every kind of new pillow. I do LOVE the neck pillow tho, it does save my neck and back by making the alignment more right. And of course, the long body pillow is awes&#111

#36Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  17. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    I bought two pairs of shoes online last year and they didn't fit. I swear I will never buy shoes online ever again!! The shoes looked great, exactly like on the photo. But when I tried them on, they didn't fit! My foot managed to get in but when I started walking, the shoe started to rip in the middle. it was a disaster!!!

18. DreekLass

Threads:
    I ordered a cheapish tablet from Amazon last year, and I have never been so utterly disappointed in a product in my life. I mean I know that you get what you pay for, but it is not like I paid £10 for the tablet. I paid up to £30 for it, which is quite a lot of money and the device is just so not up to par with what I am used to from technology today. I don't even know why I did not send it back and get my money back.

19. sissibombix

sissibombixMember

Threads:
    My grandma bought a foot and neck massage thing that didn't work that well. Actually when I went there I realized the real purpose of it wasn't to massage your neck, but didn't want to be the one to break the story to my nana that she had a new vibrator. I wonder if she found out...

20. AllAboutTheLincolns

AllAboutTheLincolnsMember

Threads:
    Well, even if she didn't, I'm sure she was simply ok with throwing it away. But if she did... yikes, let's get off of this topic.

I've had a few products not work as well as advertised on those commercials, one of which was the blowpen set. They made these look like the ultimate airbrushing experience on television, but when I got them, they were a bit lame. For one, the ink would run out relatively quickly. It only took a few uses before you had to scrap a marker. There are others that I had, but none I can think off of the top of my head.