What is the one product that you bought that was utterly disappointing?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by brandon0818x • Jun 8, 2014.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I had ordered a top online for my niece not checking the measurements or the fact that the model used was a barbie doll. It was false advertising in that it was a clothing online shop and most of the clothes were meant for grown up people. But of course, I bought this item on sale and as the old saying goes, 'you get what you pay for'. Since, then I am sure to check the measurements by number not just what 'size' it says the item is.

2. shcoo

shcooMember

Threads:
    I bought a complete ShamWow set to use on pet accidents on my floors. It does not work at ALL. Barely even absorbs 1/3 of the spill even when you are pressing down on it. Even some Viva brand paper towels work way better than it. I was very disappointed and will probably use all the sheets as disposable liners for the inside of the pet carriers now.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Both of mine were Amazon marketplace items, one was a slipcover, I mentioned on a previous thread that did not even come close to covering a recliner. Another one was a kayak paddle that fell apart in the water. I was literally up the creek without a paddle! lol. Fortunately, I was close enough to the shore to get myself back there.

4. cecejailer

cecejailerMember

Threads:
    The one product I bought that was an utterly disappointment was a plaid shirt I got from eBay. In the pictures it was black and red, but when I got it it was yellow, pink, red, black, blue, every color imaginable. And made by the worst polyester in the world. And as you always need a cherry on top of the shit cake, it didn't fit. Safe to say I asked for full refund and refused to delete my bad review just to save more people from buying something so horrible. Since then I never bought $2 clothes lolol

5. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    The X-X-Large Chalupa at Taco Bell was devastatingly disappointing, the large shell was filled barely a quarter of the way to the top. Yeah that whole ordeal was only a little traumatic, and one of the worst food related experiences of my life so far.

6. ziska

ziskaMember

Threads:
    I was thoroughly disappointed with a "Slap-Chop" I bought. If I used it as instructed, it just busted opened and fell apart after about 5 chops lol. I thought it would be a good way to quickly cut onions or peppers but it was a piece of junk!

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never been tempted to buy any "As Seen on TV" products, as they always look cheap and tacky to me. I think it might be a generational thing because my mum in law seems to be a fan, and will order a bunch of jewellery for herself and me and it's really sweet, but it's really not for me. She once bought me these lovely earrings off some TV channel, which I did like. They looked decent enough, but one day one just snapped in half when I went to put it on LOL I rest my case.

8. 17emilyhalko

17emilyhalkoMember

Threads:
    I don't remember the name of this product, though it was a seen-on-tv product that was brought to one of the shopping channels (though I'm not sure which shopping channel it was). My mom saw these pillows on the shopping channel, and she just had to get them, because everybody on the screen was raving about them and assured that they were soft, comfy, and kept your head cool. This was a foam pillow, and it was supposed to mold around your head to prevent neck problems. It was also supposed to be temperature-controlled, and kept your head warm in the winter, and your head cold in the summer. Well, there were definitely a few problems. First, the pillows came and they were HUGE. I'm a small girl, but these things were humongous! I couldn't comfortably rest my head on the pillow, because it was too tall for my neck to comfortably sit. In fact, I feel like that pillow would have given me neck problems! Second of all, the pillow felt like a rock! It didn't form around my head; my head just sat there, and maybe dented the pillow a little. I couldn't even adjust the pillow, because it was so stiff! I'd take my formless, flappy pillow with no form any day over that thing! We haven't used those pillows (and mind you, these things were NOT cheap) since the day they arrived in the mail.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Items not so much. But I buy a lot of Amazon eBooks all the time, and will almost always read through pages of reviews before buying. But my! you soon realise that when it comes to eBooks, you may be best off just getting a free sample to get a feel of the book as opposed to the 'rave reviews'. Many, many times I've gone off rave reviews only to find some of the worst material that nobody on earth could ever confuse for anything but. I often wonder if these are friends and family, if the reviews are paid for or whatever. It's just SHOCKING.

10. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    All the headset I bought so far, with the exception of the sennheiser ones, were an utter disappointment. They always lose quality of sound and bass over a shorttime.