What Is Your Favorite "as Seen On Tv" Product?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Nikole • Feb 20, 2015.

1. Nikole

NikoleMember

Threads:
    I'd love to hear about some as seen on TV successful products! What are your favorites and why? Also, what as seen on TV product do you want to try but have not had the opportunity to yet? I haven't had the opportunity to purchase many as seen on TV products, but out of the ones I have, I would have to say my favorite is the Veggetti, because it is great for spiralizing my zucchini and I love to use "zoodles" in place of traditional noodles. As far as one I'd like to try but haven't yet, the Slushi Magic always looked cool (no pun intended) :p

2. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    Easily, the Magic Bullet is my favorite product marketed through 'as seen it on TV.' It is convenient, simple to use, and extremely useful. I make a shake nearly everyday with it. As for a product I want to test out, I am interested in trying the SodaStream. I love carbonated drinks and occasionally have serious cravings for them, but I don't drink soda. Therefore, this would be ideal for me. However, it seems like a hit or miss kind of deal. It could potentially be a huge waste of money.

3. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    The George Foreman grill (in its later years) & the NuWave were the only ASoT items I have ever purchased. I've used MANY but I've purchased few. Speaking to this, I used the Veggetti & I am not fan. But I am a fan of this guy:
    41407CbBUJL.

Fun & easy to use while having a ton of different 'noodle' veggie options. Love it. Hate to clean it though. o_O

4. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    @JoanMcWench@JoanMcWench, that is the craziest kitchen contraption I have seen so far :D It looks interesting. I have no idea how it would work, though, so I should probably take a look at a video of it. Still, I don't think I would buy it only because it does look very difficult to clean.

5. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    It's a toss up between the Genie bra and the George Foreman grill. Both are great products.

6. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I feel the same way about OWNING it :rolleyes:.

But the truth is, though I may hate cleaning it I love using it. People are always thoroughly impressed by how many different styles of vegetables I put into certain salads (or even as 'pasta'). It reminds me of being a kid & playing with those Play-Doh machines that made shapes. Now it's being a kid in the kitchen. Here's it in action:

7. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    It does look extremely fun :D Honestly, it would probably motivate me to cook more often which is something I need to do. How many different styles can you come up with for slicing vegetables?

8. Nikole

NikoleMember

Threads:
    This looks absolutely amazing. I think I need it! Except for the hard to clean aspect...I think I'd better not ;) I've actually always wanted to try the Nuwave oven. They make it look so amazing on TV! Do you recommend it?

9. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    I am in compete agreement with you on cleaning it. I thought this would motivate me to prepare home made dishes more often, but on second thought I'd probably never use it. The Nuwave oven is something I have never heard of until this post. I'm interested in learning about it to. From the looks of it there seems to be mixed reviews.

10. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    A ridiculous amount. I personally love the spirals. It's like making vegetable rotini. So adorable. I love to serve people zucchini instead of pasta & see their reaction. Priceless.

11. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    The Ogrenic Pan actually lives up to what it claims it will do and we love ours. But when using it just make sure to follow the iinstructions that are given to prepare the pan and keep it maintenance. Another good item that we first were introduce to on television was the Miracle Trigger. This is a small little device that is used to help eliminate pain in the joints, its works along the lines of accupuncture in calming down the nerves. Its been years since this one was advertised on TV, and I actually got one in a novelty magazine. But it still a great item that I originally heard about through an infomercial.

12. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    This thread has reminded me of an old advert from the 70's that became very famous here in the UK. It was for Remington shavers featuring entrepreneur Victor Kiam whose legendary catchphrase was 'I liked it so much i bought the company.' The story is that he bought Remington after his wife bought him his first electric shaver and he was so impressed he bought the company.

The advert always seemed to be shown at christmas time here, year after year, definitely a classic.

13. mylindaelliott

mylindaelliottNew Member

Threads:
    I like the Flex-Able Hose. I bought one two years ago and it is wonderful. It is light. I have fibromyalgia and was at the point I could not even pull around a cheap light hose. The Flex-Able Hose is light. It doesn't wind up quite as small as in the box but it is very close. I can bring it inside every time I use it. It was well worth the money.

#13Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
  14. westmixxin

westmixxinMember

Threads:
    when the Shake weight came out I was incredibly interested in it. It seemed like something that was a logical idea that would actually work in real life. Is exactly why I tried and it really did help me they really did change the way that I perceive working out.

15. Megan888

Megan888Member

Threads:
    My hubby loves Rick Harrison's straight razor and it was an affordable price. We did not purchase it on TV though, we bought it in a local drug store.

16. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Nutra Bullet is a good as seen on tv product. The Slushi Magic is one that I wanted to try but have not done that yet. Most of the commericals I seen seem like they are too good to be true so I stay away from them.

17. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    When I was younger, I wanted these foam noodles for your hair. Apparently, you wrap your long hair in them and over night your hair will have like a spiral perm effect. This was when I was a teen. Today I would be interested in the reusable green grocery shopping bags that clip to the sides of the shopping cart.

18. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    I fell for the ab workout device. I ordered from Amazon. It really was strange and I never saw any benefit in the thing. I was very sad and disappoint in myself for falling for such a cheap way out to lose belly weight.

19. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSportsActive Member

Threads:
    The As-Seen-On-TV store is always one of my go-to locations whenever I am at the mall. There is always something that I find in that store that I realize that I seem to overly enjoy. Some of my personal favorite products that I have found are the Snuggie, the George Foreman Grill, and the Shake Weight.

20. DukeMadThane

DukeMadThaneMember

Threads:
    I can't remember the name of my favorite "as seen on tv" product, but it is basically a windshield cover to keep ice off of your windshield during winter. I seriously swear by this thing. I am very sensitive to cold, so I don't scrape and I don't want to keep the engine running for 30 minutes to defrost it. There are two downsides. The first being that you have to remember to put it on your car. The second is that once it's covered in ice and you take it off your car; it's wet and cold and you have to find a place to put it. Both of these are pretty minor in my opinion. On the whole, this product is a time an energy saver for me.