What Was The One Thing Off Your Registry That You Couldn't Live Without?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Aurelia • Apr 19, 2015.

1. Aurelia

AureliaNew Member

Threads:
    A close friend of mine is pregnant with her first who is due in late July. Her baby shower is coming up soon and her registry has all of the products and gizmos that new parents are told that they need for their little bundle of joy but I want to make sure to get her something that won't just be taking up room in the nursery.

2. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I would honestly suggest diapers and wipes just because a mom can never have enough. I know as a mom I fully appreciate them. You can find some of the more popular brand names and some for a very reasonable price as well. I would suggest checking for coupons to see if you can find any great deals. There is a awesome deal on Honest Company's website where they give you some great samples. (The diapers are awesome too.)

The other gizmo, I would say is my diffuser was a lifesaver. There was nothing better than putting in some essential oil and relaxing even while the baby was crying.

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    The one thing I could not live without when my kids were babies is not something anyone ever registers for: a heating pad. We always had problems putting our son into his crib after he'd fall asleep in our arms. We figured out that he'd be cozy and warm, then we would lay him down and the cold sheets would startle him awake. So, we started putting a heating pad on his sleeping spot while he was having his last bottle and being rocked to sleep. Then, we'd remove the heating pad just before we laid him down. The sheets would be nice and warm and he'd stay sound asleep in his own bed. Now we give heating pads as gifts and share our little tip. It's helped a lot of tired parents peacefully put their babies to bed!

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I got a lot of use out of the Diaper Genie, because you can't take out the household trash every time your kid poops. It closes the diapers up in plastic bags so they don't stink up the house.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always give wipes myself. New mums go through wipes faster than the speed of night and I always find that giving a couple of new towels is always appreciated too.

6. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    When I had my kids I always appreciated diapers, wipes and clothes. You might think that everyone gives clothes and that they would get enough but its never enough. always buy the bigger sizes since most people tend to go for the newborn sizes. Babies grow so fast and clothes can be expensive.

7. dawnolsen

dawnolsenMember

Threads:
    Diapers and wipes are wonderful and practical to help new moms stock up on. It is never fun to run out of diapers and have to make a store run with one or multiple kids in tow. I could not live without my breast pump. I am a nursing mama and a breast pump was crucial for me and my family!

8. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never had a registry. I don't even think it was a thing when I was having babies, but I like the idea. I had a lot of hand me down stuff, but they were all good quality baby items. I did have some new things that were really nice, since my family and friends had a shower for me.

It would be much easier to shop for a shower with the use of the registry though.