What Websites Do You Use For Online Shopping?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Rexy • Nov 12, 2017.

1. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    We all need to shop, little do some of us know that the Internet is full of websites that are great for shopping. What websites do you usually use for online shopping? Personally, I use eBay and Amazon the most, occasionally I use a company based in Sweden called Mathem, which directly translated into English is FoodHome. And there you can purchase grocery for an entire week. There's even an option to make them decide what you're going to eat for the entire week, they will send you all the necessary ingredients and then a recipe for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Please share the sites you use to purchase stuff online!

2. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    I think that eBay is pretty good. One, Paypal is the easiest method to pay for me, and two, if something goes wrong I get my money back.
    Some items can stuck in a mail or they don't arrive in time or are very late but in my opinion if something is late and without tracking number it is fair to cancel the order.
    You never know with whom you are making business online...

3. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    The sites I use the most online are Amazon and Ebay mainly because I can get everything I need from these two. I find them invaluable at Christmas time as I hate battling my way through crowds so it's nice to be able to order and then get it all delivered to the door.

I rarely purchase food online so I go to the nearest supermarket for these goods.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I look at quidco and topcashback and see what stores have offers on before I shop. Mainly because they offer discount codes and also cashback, and so those are extra savings. I much prefer to shop on specific websites or ones where the returns are easy like Marks and Spencer, and I look at loyalty incentives too. I'm not a huge fan of Amazon or eBay but I look at discount sites now instead or department stores that price match.

5. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I have used eBay an Amazon and in the most cases I am using some local online shops from my country or city, it depends on what exactly I need to buy. I usually buy clothes, gadgets, toys, and furniture.

6. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I usually use Lazada since that's the best I can use here in my country. It's like Amazon too but I think the products are way cheaper. But I only use that app if ever I want a certain product and I am having a hard time looking for it in stores.

7. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    The fact I like Amazon for my online shopping the problem is most of the sellers there do not ship outside of the US. This makes it a lot disappointing for me and probably many others who live outside the US. If the sellers can simply allow us pay for shipping abroad thereby making it possible to get the items over I guess that would be great.

8. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to local shopping on the internet, I always prefer konga to Jumia not only because I always get a cheaper price of things that I want to buy from there, but as a result of the fact that there customer service is good as well.

@tonyb@tonyb I suggest you have a look at aliexpress and Alibaba to see if you can buy from there. They are the top online shops when it comes with buying products from Asian countries like China, but one thing is that you need to do lots of research to make sure you're getting things done correctly.

#8Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2017
  9. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that those two websites that you listed are among the top when it comes to buying all kind of products from Asian countries..

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My most favorite site is Flipkart an Indian E-commerce site with a wide listing in almost every department. I have an special interest in this site as I receive most of my Gift Vouchers for this site and the site has no postage/courier charges in most cases. I have an account there for 4 years. I use Amazon India, eBay India and Australia besides using other sites.

11. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have an Amazon Prime account, and we get free 2-day shipping on almost everything that we buy from Amazon. They have some great discounts, especially on the refurbished items, or older models that work fine but are being replaced by newer versions of the same item.
    Amazon also covers all of the cost of returning an item if it is broken or defective, and even if it is just not what you expected it to be.
    I also belong to a couple of websites that liquidate products from Amazon, but you need a Prime account to use those. If you shop there, you can get some really amazing bargains ! I just ordered a nice crossbody purse that sells on Amazon for about $50, and on the liquidation site, it was about $7; so a great deal. The $49 price was actually a markdown from $129.

C219F299-8684-438F-90A4-2D218AE5BC51.

12. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    @Happyflowerlady@Happyflowerlady, that's an awesome purse and you got it for such a great deal! Amazon is an awesome site and we get so many good deals occasionally on it. That is my personal favorite for shopping online in addition to Flipkart, an Indian site as well as Ebay. I have occasionally ordered stuff from Homeshop18, another Indian site and that site offers really great deals on many things.

13. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm glad you're familiar with the sites for some of my pals have used it for buying some phone accessories and other products that they sell in this part of the world and the good thing is that their products are relatively cheap when compared with products from other part of the world.

14. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    I visit a lot of online websites for shopping, yet only stick to the local ones I have. Like LAZADA, Shoppe, and Carousel. Though I am more with LAZADA. I have ordered and transact with them several times already.

15. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    In my opinion, that's great. But can be bad for sellers as a lot of eBay sellers are scammed due to the fact that PayPal gives its user the option to file a dispute on payments as unauthorized
    You can always check if there is an Amazon for your country. If not, you can use eBay where almost everyone offers international shipping.
    Never heard of any of those sites, are they specific to your country? If so, what country do you live in, and what are the pros and cons of the sites?
    Is it easy to find things you want on Flipkart? Are the deliveries fast and are there any precautions to avoid scammers?

16. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too like amazon and ebay. I like shopping at Walmart.com and Target.com shop online and store pick-up. Some items fly off the shelf, you can order these and pick up and you'll have the items for sure as long as you go by the specified time they have for pick up. These sites have free account sign up and you can see what's for sale. Paying is quite easy with many choices to pay too. Other sites for stores has what they have on sale like CVS, Walgreens, Safeway, Don Quiote so you can see their weekly ads and go down and shop for your bargains. Some stores like Don Quiote has Senior discount of 5% on Tues. and so does Ross Dept. Stores on Tues. too for 5%. I've used Sears and Kmart too online for services for our washing machine and buying sale items online with store pick-up.Walmart has a discount buy online and store pick up with some products. At this site dontpayfull.com they have discounts and coupons to check before you go shopping too so you can save even more!

17. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Well... I do random searches on many sites and I have none as my favorite, mainly because most of the time I end up buying in physical stores. :D

18. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I shop on local online stores. The only international online store where I shop is ebay. I use ebay because there are sellers from every where who offer products in competitive prices. I use ebaybelcause it accepts paypal payment and paypal is the most trusted payment option. When the seller cheats you you can ask for refund.

19. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    After roaming around here and there I have finally settled down to Amazon in. I find them great in all respects be it prompt delivery, refunds and returns they do all this to my entire satisfaction. Their customer care is great and so are those who talk to me online.

20. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    One of the fastest anywhere in India. They generally say 3-5 days but in most cases deliver within 2 days and if you don't like the item they provide you free return for 7-30 days depending on item. I have been using this site for years and never felt or faced a single disappointment. In fact the owners are very particular about customer satisfaction as they keep customers' interest behind their vendors' interest .