What Will You Do If Things Do Not Go Your Own Way?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Ray1 • Jul 4, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Suppose you have just one dealer for the product that you must buy but you don't like the persons/service/salespersons at that dealership! How would you manage your deal or would you drop your idea of buying that brand?

2. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    I'd certainly look for another similar /nearby dealer..with similar product/service/offer.
    Changing from something one 'must-buy' is not that easy..Anyway, most probably, one might not work for you. Either the person (sales agent) or the service/product. I've barely have been in situations where both sucks..

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    This is why I tell the sales people I am just looking right when I get in the door so I won't have to deal with any of that and won't have to change my mind about buying something. If I ser an associate being rude to others or with a bitter face then I go to someone else instead. Usually the cashiers are the nicest but if they are not it doesn't bother me since I just have to pay them and leave.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @kamai@kamai I agree, the cashiers are the nicest and easiest to deal with because you don't have to ask many questions from them but when it comes to dealing with people on counters it makes the difference. However, I prefer self service stores for most of my shopping but there are times when you have to talk to either service/sales persons.

5. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    That's a tough one. Chances are if I really don't like the dealer or the service that sales that certain product, then I won't buy it.Though, there is an acceptation to every rule. If I know for a fake that the product is good and it won't backfire in my face then I'll gladly deal with the poor service and take it.

6. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    If I like a brand and I have stuck to buying it then I won't change the brand rather change the dealer or request for some other salesperson. In that way, I think nobody is hurt and we will have a smooth business. Sometimes I have ended up taking the wrong decisions because sometimes it will be too difficult to look at the choices and change.

7. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    @harijobs@harijobs Yah, LOL, I understand feeling one gets when the deal/offer is too good to think twice my friend, then we later come to realize that that wasn't the better choice we would have made

#7Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2017
  8. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I've been in that situation. I wanted a car sold by a dealer where I had received bad service in the past. I was really torn but in the end I got a similar car from somewhere else.

I had previously bought a car from this dealer and had endless problems with it. Once they had got my money they really weren't interested in sorting out any problems so I'm glad I stuck to my guns and went somewhere else.

9. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I find it hard to reconcile the fact that customers wouldn't buy from a particular shop because they don't like the salesman. Agreed some persons do have funny characters which they bring to the shop, as a customer what I do in such a case is to have less conversation with such sales persons. If I am okay with the price I pay, collect and go no courtesy display as there could be friction.

10. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    I do not have any problem with telling a sales person to "go away" whether I like them or not. I am a guy and men in general go to a store to buy specific items as apposed to "shopping" so it simply doesn't bother me to step in, get whatever I came for and walk out.

The only deterrent there might be to my methods is if there isn't a price tag on the item I am trying to buy. I WILL NOT go hunting for someone in order to get the price but will, at times, let whoever is standing around on my way out know why they didn't make a sale on whatever item it was I came for.

11. Sherrie Larrison

Sherrie LarrisonMember

Threads:
    If the product is a MUST to buy then I will take a risk of ordering it. Otherwise, ignore -_-

12. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    It's less likely that there would be only one so I would probably look for some other dealer. But let's say that there is only one, then I would probably drop the need for that thing or just get it over with and buy it anyways from that one. Which I usually do.

13. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 The simple solution in my case will be to go somewhere else and to search the same item. There is no problem to travel an extra mile or to walk a few blocks away to find an exactly the same thing in a huge shopping mall. I live in the town so for me, it is easy to be picky. I think I would just ignore a person I dislike if I had to buy it in the local shop.

#13Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2017
  14. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    If the product is so important at that moment, I will simple go ahead and buy it (but with a very rigid face), but if it's not all that important at moment, I can buy it elsewhere.