What's the most you'd pay for a souvenir?

Discussion in Travel started by Denis Hard • Apr 26, 2014.

1. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    A few dollars at most, and then only as the slightest reminder of where I've been. Souvenirs are too often shlocky, mass-produced bits of fluff that don't draw my attention even the slightest bit. When I was in the UK not too long ago I must have seen the same standee filled with Coats-of-Arms in about fifteen different shops. (And none of them had my name anyway. Peh!)

I'm much more likely to purchase something if it is hand-made or otherwise unique in some way. The usual sovenir stuff is just... blegh.

2. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Souvenirs aren’t really my thing. I’m reminded of a certain member of my family who went to Germany and came home with a plastic replica Black Forest clock. So I think I’d be somewhat more inclined to support local artisans and buy something I’ll either use, or truly enjoy looking at, and preferably something portable. Jewelry and scarves would be good options for me. It can get pricey so my upper limit could be quite high. But I’d always be on the lookout for a balance.

3. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    When we go on vacation we rarely purchase souvenirs. Instead, we try to take a lot of photos to keep as memories. We often end up at a beach while vacationing, so sometimes we might bring home interesting looking rocks or stones from the beach. If we do purchase souvenirs, they tend to be items we forgot to pack and discovered we needed while we were there. For example, one year while we were camping, we realized we did not pack any towels, so we bought one as a souvenir.

4. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    This is must be adorable for having such a great time ahead as it.