What's your least expensive beauty trick?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by True2marie • Dec 8, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Most people I meet comment on my beautiful skin. They think I use expensive products to keep my skin moist and glowing. They are wrong. What I do is maintain a basic cleansing and moisturizing routine with cheap products. One of them is the use of

as a toner. At Walmart, you can acquire this item for under $5.00.

2. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I change tricks all the time. But the one cheap trick I use often is cooking oil. I cook with olive oil and sometimes canola oil. Both oils, especially olive oil, are good for your skin and hair. So, I've given my hair hot oil treatments with them. Sometimes, I put some on after I get out of the shower to keep my hair moisturized. I also use the oil as a cheap lotion. If you smother feet and hands in olive oil and then cover them for the night, you'll wake up with soft skin.

Baking soda may be even cheaper. I use it as a facial and body scrub. My skin feels so soft and silky after.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with the last post (aside from canola oil, I won't touch the stuff). I love baking soda as a scrub, I use it about once a week so as not to cause micro-damage. Olive oil is also a great way to moisturize (as are many of the healthy fats). Just be sure you're using real olive oil. Many places sell counterfeit olive oil, totally unaware of the HUGE business behind it. Look up legit brands so you know what you're buying. Most are canola oil or something similar with olive oil added, or no olive oil at all, but other additives are included to give it the appearance of olive oil.

#3Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  4. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    Pretty cliche'-ish, but water is my least expensive beauty trick. Water alone is perfect for any and everything. But most importantly it helps with purifying the skin and promoting hair growth, volume, and thickness. Water has done me well over the years. :eek:

5. steisehodgson

steisehodgsonMember

Threads:
    Use olive, coconut, or almond oil with Castor oil to clean your skin instead of a harsh soap. This will cleanse your skin naturally and keep from pulling out natural oils. My personal blend is 25% Castor Oil (don’t use straight!) and 75% sweet almond oil.

How to do it: Rub a small amount of oil onto dry face and massage into skin for several minutes. To remove, soak a clean washcloth in steamy water and place on face until it starts to cool. Gently use the washcloth to wipe your face until the oil is gone. Softest. Skin. Ever!