When Buying Electronics Do You Do Research On What You Are Buying?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DMlad • Dec 8, 2016.

1. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I think researching before buying is the most practical thing to do before you shell out a lot of money on a gadget. The information will be readily available at the blink of an eye, so why not take time to research first before buying something so that you won't regret it later on, right?

2. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I always do a lot of research and study lot of reviews about the product that I decide to buy. Even though getting the best quality product for a cheap price is difficulty I usually don't compromise on quality over money. If we get some products without proper research for a cheaper price then we will have to face the consequences if it gets repaired often. So it is better to do a good background study before buying the product.

3. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Customer reviews is one of my biggest basis before buying something. No one can be as honest as the people who actually used the product. That saved me from buying low quality appliances.

4. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Research is a must before buying electronics. That would mean taking time to read different websites as well as the website of the manufacturer. It would also include reading reviews from the online store itself or in other recognized websites. The effort is worth it as the price is usually substantial and I don't want to be stuck with an item that doesn't satisfy my needs. Today's technology gives consumers a lot of options to consider and knowing what each specification means is important if we want to make the most out of our money.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I always do a though research while buying costly gadgets and never make a purchase in a haste unless there is a real urgency (which at most time is not). I have been planning to buy a phone for almost 5 weeks because one of my phones is not working properly as it fell down in the park during my jogging session. It's taking too long to get fully charged and still the battery not lasting as much as it should. But I am delaying buying a new one until I return to India in next week. The rates are really great back in India compared to my present location (Australia) besides I can utilize the facility of buy-back and other discounts.

6. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah. I must do research before purchasing any electronics. I research on the price, efficiency and environmental implications. I always don't like a repeat of the scenario I passed through, where I bought a certain gadget three times its price. A lot of deception is on the market these days, and without prior research, you may land on something that can make you regret all the remaining days of your life.

7. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I always do proper enough research when it concerns a certain item, I like to know the features as well as pros and cons of the item. Such information could be a good money saver and an eye opener to the product that you are interested in, you can find out more things about it that the seller my not be telling you. Either beneficial or non-beneficial information that could shift your opinion.