When was the last time you were stupid enough to stop by Toy'rus with a kid?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Esperahol • Oct 18, 2012.

1. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I love Toys R Us and love taking my little brothers there. You just have to make it clear that you have a budget. If you are only spending 10 dollars, make sure they know that and stick to it. Any kid who isn't a spoiled brat will respect that.

2. Carolinacustom

CarolinacustomNew Member

Threads:
    Haha, love your title! My stupidity reared it's ugly head two weeks ago when I went with my 3 year old and 9 month old:eek: After saying "no" fifty billion times and several meltdowns (myself included;-) my nerves were shot. Needless to say I will be sans kid next time!

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Even just going normal shopping, if they are on the age that everything is theirs, you are in for a challenge of patience. Rule of thumb, never take a child to a place with something that might interest them enough so that they throw tantrums at you.

4. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    The last time I was with my three kids at a toys r us was about 4 months ago. However, since my husband was also with us they did not cause that much trouble and behaved pretty much. It is when I am alone with them and take them there is when they drive me crazy and I end up spending more money than I wanted to. I think because you have so many choices to chose from this is so exciting for kids but they do not understand that toys cost money so you get stuck with not knowing what to do.

5. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Haha seems like you experienced for a while to have a bunch of hyperactive kids. Toy 'r us are to wild kids as sugar coats are for diabetics: the right trigger to problems.

6. ashley0323

ashley0323Member

Threads:
    As a matter of fact, my mother decided she wanted to take the kids to toys r us a couple months go for their birthdays. So, of course, we drive there to meet her. There were so many out of control children running wild, no parents in sight. My anxiety was off the charts! Finally, $600 later in birthday gifts, we left. Whew! I think they are too overpriced anyhow.

7. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are times that I would bring some children to the toy store - Toy Kingdom is like Toys R Us. My purpose is to give the children the opportunity to choose the toy that they want. But their mother or parents are with them so I don't have to worry about taking care of them. Usually those kids are the children of my cousins and children of my nephews and nieces as well. And one thing the parents should know is that there is a budget for the toys, of course. And after buying my gifts to their children, we dine in a good restaurant in the mall before going home.

That sojourn is during the Christmas season when all those kids of my relatives get a gift from me. It's tiring to bring them to the toy store but it's worth the cost because they certainly like what they got.