When will streaming services like Netflix and Hulu be available in Europe?

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by Kek • Aug 17, 2014.

1. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    I spend a lot of time on the internet and I'm witnessed the rise of Netflix with my own eyes. Americans tend to love their services and use it more and more every day. This had me wondering. Why can't we Europeans have the benefits of watching TV online? Is it that hard to roll out services like this one in other countries? Even when Netflix come to Europe, it will take some time for it to arrive to my little country, Slovenia.

Does anyone know why it takes so long for services like Hulu and Netflix to arrive to smaller countries?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's got to do with copyright issues. Copyright laws in the U.S don't apply in Europe or elsewhere in the world. So to protect the interests of the people whose material they use, they have to ensure they reach only the people who can be sued and made to pay fines or whatever should they break the law. Owing to the impossibility of enforcing such laws on a global scale . . .

I'm just speculating though.

I also heard that in Europe, or at the least the UK, piracy of digital content is not illegal.

3. JoshPosh

JoshPoshBanned

Threads:
    Get a vps or a IP address changer and set it to a US Ip address, you should be able to watch everything that americans are watching