When Would You Get Better Deals On Cars?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Denis Hard • Dec 10, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Best time would probably when you need one and have the money but question is, if you have the money and have to buy a car what time of the year would you would get better deals? I've heard it said that cars are cheaper at the end of the year when models are being changed. Is this is true?

2. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    If meaning buying a previously owned vehicle then yes - the best time of year to buy those - has - universally - always been considered to be around the time when new registrations come out - particularly as there are generally some of the best deals of the year to be had around July and August - as dealers are keen to get rid of their trade-ins and old stock as quickly as possible - to make room for the new models and new registrations on 1 September.

The next best time is December and January - which as these two months are usually the quietest of the year - as people's attentions are generally geared more towards Christmas and New Year than cars - dealers and private sellers alike are more often than not - very keen to negotiate on price.

However if wanting to buy a second hand convertible - the very best time of year to buy one of those would be during the winter months when demand is low - as there are generally some seriously good bargains to be had around that time.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This makes for interesting reading @gata montes. Thanks for sharing. I've never owned a car in my life, but desperately want to buy one sometime next year. I just haven't got a clue what to look out for and that sort of thing. I'll definitely be taking someone more experienced along to help me so that those salesmen don't try to bamboozle me LOL I wonder if the trends you touch on apply universally across the globe.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We bought our Ford Escape in January 2013 but it is of model 2012. The difference is around 12%, meaning the 2012 model is 1.1 million pesos while the 2013 is 1.25 million. We thought about it and decided to settle for the 2012 model with a discount. It is running good until now and probably at par with the 2013 model. Our other car is a model 2013 which we bought in April 2013. There was no discount.

5. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Generally speaking yes they are applicable worldwide - however - although, as mentioned previously - the pre-new registration months of July and August are without doubt - considered to be the very best time of year to buy a pre-owned vehicle - universally - as are the months of December - January for the most part - the best time for buying a convertible - may for obvious reasons - vary depending on the climate of the country.

Either way - wish you luck with your future car hunt and hope that you'll be-able to take full advantage of those times and are able to get yourself a real bargain.

6. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I am in the UK, and the best time to buy is when the new registration plates have just come out - twice per year. The garages will be selling the cars with the older plates off more cheaply, but they will still be brand new vehicles. I think it's the best deal you're going to get other than obviously getting a second hand car. But I love brand new cars, I know it's not very economical in general, but they are my weakness.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for your kind words, @gata montes :) My word, you must have bought a few cars in the past! You know so much and seem so confident in your knowledge, I just hope whoever I take along as I'm going around on the hunt for my car, will be like you :)

8. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Vehicles are cheaper at the end of the year because they are trying to get rid of old models to make room for new ones. in addition, you always have a massive edge when you know exactly what you want and don't want. Knowing such information can save you a lot of money.

9. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We bought our first brand new car which was cheaper by 100k pesos (around $2k). We asked around for the difference between an older model and the latest model. When we found out that there was not much difference between the 2 brand new cars, we opted to buy the one with the previous model. It was a good deal and that car is still running good until now. I’d say we were right in our decision to buy the cheaper model for there’s not much difference compared to the newer model.