Where are the best after Christmas sales?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Mockingbird • Dec 30, 2014.

1. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    The girls at work were telling me what great deals they got after Christmas on some of the things they found in the stores. One lady was telling me about a wonderful dress she got from Macy's for $40, it was originally $120! I am wondering who found deals? I thought the weekend after Christmas was still to soon to look but maybe I am wrong? Do you think some of these great deals are just discounted returned merchandise? Do you stock up on decorations and wrapping paper for next year after Christmas has passed?

2. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I would say Macy's or most department stores would be a good place to start for some after Christmas sale. I think looking in some thrift stores would be a good idea too. I think for the most part, thrift stores have sales from Christmas all the up until New Year's. A lot of online retailers would be having sales as well. I think that those three places would be good places to look.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the UK, the January sales really are something to look forward to. All stores have it, and it can feel like it's going on FOREVER. I usually do the rounds for clothes, not for stuff like wrapping paper and Christmas paper. My personal favourite store for the January sales would have to be Zara; I love the clothes and they don't often have a sale throughout the year, so this is usually my one chance to stock up on their fab stuff at a discounted price.

In as much as I love hate River Island, I hate their sales. This is because like you say, it's usually rubbish out of season stuff that looks like it's seen better times. I rarely find anything nice there.