Where do you buy online?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by GavinMcresty • Apr 3, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    So, from what websites do you buy online?
    Of course, I have bought from the "big names" eBay and Amazon. I don't buy from either of them regularly though. I bought two laptops from eBay (to replace my current one) and locks for them from Amazon. They were much cheaper online than I would have been able to buy in any shop. Both of the laptops were second hand. I just need them to download notes for college and type things for my course. I occasionally buy books from Amazon but not very often. Most of the books I need for college are available in the library. I wouldn't buy from a really small or poorly known website: I'd be too afraid of being scammed or having my card details stolen.

It is not entirely related but I did find my job on Gumtree. The agency were advertising there and that's how I found out about it.

2. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to purchase from Amazon. I'll at least check to see if what I'm looking for is available on Amazon. I do this because I have an active wish list and if I need to add some miscellaneous items to add up to $25 I can pull from my wish list. The $25 mark, of course, is where you can qualify for free shipping! So, that's always a plus.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Depends on what I'm looking for. If I want to get a specific branded item, I go on eBay. If I don't care about the brand, though, I go on Chinese stores like DealExtreme or FocalPrice. I also browse all kinds of smaller stores that specialize in different types of items.

4. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Top places I buy from are:
    Ebay
    Drugstore.com
    Walmart

5. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Zavvi, Amazon.uk, Game. (in that order)

I especially buy video-games, so zavvi has always great deals, especially on monday!

6. Danblu

DanbluMember

Threads:
    I'm very bland when it comes to buying online, simply because I use the exact same 2 websites every time. I buy at Amazon and eBay all the time, from clothes to games and electronics. It's just very convenient, they have virtually anything I'd want to buy and usually with great prices and an occasional discount!

I'm probably missing out on great deals on specialized online stores, maybe I could pay less but, I suppose, convenience and security have a price.

7. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I usually like to buy from amazon, eBay, beauty.com and my last favorite would have to be Walmart.
    Walmart is probably my favorite from this list because they have the lowest prices that you will ever find.
    I also love how Walmart sells things in bundles and cuts the price.
    I always fall for this everytime.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I should just ditto everyone, lol. I'm an Ebay junkie. Anything you can think of, you can find there and usually much cheaper. I have to fix one of my computers and I found the pieces I need at a cheaper price than what I was quoted to take it in and have someone fix it.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm the same way, I mostly just shop with eBay, and I stay away from lesser known sites. Items are much cheaper on eBay most of the time, although I don't really know how they get the prices that low sometimes. But I find eBay is already plenty satisfactory, and unless there is a sale happening somewhere else, I mostly just stick to buying from there.

10. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    I usually buy from either Amazon or eBay. I keep going back to these because I know they are probably my best bet for a bargain on a particular item I am looking for. I sometimes shop at Zavvi because I get £10 vouchers for that place now and then.

11. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I buy most of my online products on Amazon. Just a few weeks back, I ordered a hard drive that was never delivered to me. I contacted customer support, and they were great, and reshipped it. They also refunded me by a little amount as well. They also offer a wide variety of different payment options, and overall, a great site to order things.

12. mansawalta

mansawaltaMember

Threads:
    I usually buy from Amazon. It is the safest place for me. I have never been let down by them and usually i get their items way before they say i should expect them. I used to buy on ebay until i was scammed for a few hundred dollars and have since never trusted them. If buying on ebay i drive there personally and collect.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have bought items from Ebay, Deal Extreme, Focal Price, and Multiply. I haven't shopped yet at Amazon because most sellers only ship to the US. If you're looking for books, then I would recommend bookdepository.com, I have bought a book there and they offer free shipping on all orders, and my book arrived after 3 weeks, so the shipping is pretty quick for my standards.

14. jakeshigh

jakeshighNew Member

Threads:
    I have experiences with ebay, dx, focalprice, lightake, budgetgadgets, tomtop.

15. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    I purchase from Shoppingspout.com because of the immaculate deals and coupons they offer! Purchase anything and everything on discounted prices :)

16. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy almost everything through Amazon, mainly because I feel safer dealing with the vendors they work with. Also, it's just much more convenient for finding related products and comparing prices. Plus Amazon carries a lot more brands than what traditional stores carry.

17. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    Two most popular online retailers are definitely EBay and Amazon. I also buy my perfumes online at Perfumania since I stick to one main scent and have another one I like to play around with. They have great deals on perfume and definitely cheaper than most stores.

18. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    It depends on the reputation of the website. However, that's something that's very easy to check. For instance, you could probably look for some BetterBusinessBereau (BBB) logo.

That is usually not the case with professors. They want specific books. You must live in paradise if you can get your college books at a library.

19. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently bought from etsy.com and it was fast and good. I had a situation with the zipper on the purse I bought and the customer service was nice to me. I also to to sites like Walmart.com where I've bought and everything comes in good condition and good time. I too buy from amazon.com and ebay.com. I always check bbb.org about sites and check at the bottom of the first page of the business if it's a google trusted site. I buy vitamins and herbs from SwansonVitamins.com too-a google trusted site I got to safeway.com for I've their card, to see what's on sale too. CVS.com has wonderful in-store specials all the time and weekly sales too. I get money back at ebates.com-free account, but not all sites are on ebates.com.

20. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy products online from Flipkart and Amazon regularly. I do usually buy books from Amazon as it is much cheaper. Then occasionally from Ebay. But first I would make a thorough search in my nearby stores before looking on online shopping sites.