Where do you spend the most on Christmas gifts and why?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by True2marie • Nov 30, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I patronize a variety of stores for holiday shopping. However, my two favorite places are

and

. I think The Dollar Tree is excellent for inexpensive stocking stuffers. Amazon.com, on the hand, offers great discounts for high-priced items and their shipping rates are wonderful.

Where do you usually shop for Christmas gifts during the holidays?

2. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I am in the same boat. Amazon will consistently get all my hard earned money every year. Cyber Monday helps but otherwise I find that I can get a booty load of things from one place and not have to concern myself with shipping or transporting the things if I exceed a certain amount in purchases. The internet gets most of my money during the holiday season.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer Ebay if we're talking online retailers. I like being able to shop all over the world for things you can't normally find locally. Amazon in Canada isn't as good as the American, or I might feel the same about it as everyone else here lol. I don't tend to do most of my shopping online for the holidays though. I spend most of the time in game shops and craft supply places. My oldest is a gamer and science nut and my youngest is a crafter and animator.

4. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I also have been buying the majority of my gifts from Amazon. It has a great selection of items and great prices and usually really fast shipping! I also have a Amazon Charge Card so that helps.

5. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I usually spend most Christmas gifts at Amazon because of its large variety and because they can deliver to the addresses I want the gifts arrive, rather than to my home and then having to deliver them myself to the people I want to give.

However I'm just browsing the Dollar Tree and I might give it a go this year :)

6. avasmom

avasmomMember

Threads:
    I guess I am old fashioned - I like to touch and hold items I am giving as gifts. :) The dollar stores are great for stocking stuffers and most of the other things come from department stores.

7. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I didn't realize how popular The Dollar Tree was! This is by far one of my favorite "Dollar Stores". We have two in my town. I really love how everything is a dollar and you can get some great stuff! Yes some of it is really cheap but for a dollar that is to be expected. Also, some things aren't really worth more then a dollar. Like a sponge for instance.

8. MrsWilson2012

MrsWilson2012Member

Threads:
    I love Etsy.com and Amazon.com for gifts, as well as local small businesses (just a personal preference, I like to support local commerce). I agree however, that the Dollar tree is great for stocking stuffers. I also get a lot of my décor and craft supplies at Dollar Tree, for making Christmas bows, wreaths, ornaments, etc.

9. FloraFauna

FloraFaunaMember

Threads:
    I have actually never purchased anything from Amazon (which shocks everyone I tell, lol). But it seems to be the place to be for online shopping, so I think I'll give it a go this Christmas. I like Etsy as well, I like the idea of giving people unique, quirky gifts.

10. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I usually shop at Fred Meyer and Walgreens for Christmas gifts. I don't have that many gift to buy except I buy Christmas gifts for my parents and my wife. For friends, I don't normally buy them gifts because we usually just go out to have dinner together or watch movies together.

11. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    I personally shop from ModCloth.com. I love this online shop since it offers unique clothes and accessories which are mostly designed by sovereign makers and classic offerings. The most important items I shop from this shop are clothes and jewelry products mostly for my mother and sisters.