Where is the weirdest place you bought a cheap book?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by True2marie • Dec 4, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    The hospital near me sells books for 25 cents. I often visit them and pick up bestsellers on the cheap. What places have you frequented for low cost books that are unusual?

2. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I remember there was this place that offered cheap books, which was my first time ever purchasing a book that costed $1.25. Oh, it was one of the yard sales I went to 7 years ago in one of my neighborhoods. This lady were having a yard sale, and she put out a lot of her books that costed between $0.50 to $3.50. There were probably about more than 100 books on the tables, which I was so shocked that she was selling that many books. This book called "Wuthering Heights", which was written by one of the Bronte sisters. It was a great read, and I just love the classics!

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It was on some site Internet Marketing forum. I had an interest in becoming an internet marketer and the only place they were selling that ebook was on the site. So naturally I paid for the book. $20 bucks. And regretted it right after because the book was not only useless, but it wasn't worth the money I paid for it. $20 bucks? For 15 pages of useless information that could be obtained online?

I'll never pay for an IM book. Ever. Regardless of where it's being sold.

4. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I don't know how unusual it is but I used to always get books from yard/garage sales. Most of the time the person is just looking forward to getting rid of them so I'd get them for dirt cheap. I think the cheapest I've ever paid for a bestseller was $.10. Back during my book hoarding days I'd actually get up really early on my weekends just to go to yard sales.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My local library has a discards room where they sell books and magazines that the library is getting rid of for 25 cents. Apart from that, I just buy books at thrift shops.

6. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I can't imagine a weird place where one could buy books, but maybe I am just not getting out enough. I buy most of my books from Amazon, but I have bought them at used book shops, thrift stores, garage sales, through mail order catalogs... Books are sold in so many different kinds of places... What would be considered a weird place? A funeral parlor?

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I once a got a box of fiction novels at a zoo, but that's because I was volunteering at Miami Metrozoo and they were going to get rid of them anyway. I didn't mention it because I didn't pay for the books. But a zoo is a pretty odd place to get books.

8. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I bought my cheapest book at the library they were going through their inventory and marking books for sale. I purchase a good love novel for .10 and I have to say it was a really good book for little of nothing