Where To You Purchase Your Tires?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Deeishere • Mar 8, 2016.

1. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    I like Discount Tires. They have a variety of tires at a reasonable price. They also rotate and put air in my tires for free. I normally get all my car work done at the local dealership. When I had a nail in my tire they charged me. When I wanted my tires rotated, they charge me. I felt like I was getting nickel and dime for everything. So when they wanted to charge me a big amount of money for me to replace my tires, I decided to search other companies. And the guy had the nerve to tell me if I find something cheaper, they would price match. Why would I do that? If they will offer a better price, why would I want to come back to you?

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I will play the devil's advocate here. Note, if people are doing extra things, then they're doing you a favor. In that case, it must be a part of some promo. Because, the bottom line, time is money. Anyway, if you want to save money, then look for promos, not a business that changes tires for free. However, there could be businesses that rotate tires etc. for free.

Oh, by the way, some things like changing tires and air filling and checking can be done for free with the second being massively easy to do.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We buy our car's tires from S&R. You might be surprised that it is a supermarket for imported items. They have a car shop by the side of the building with their regular discounts on tires. Just another perks for their members but their tires are definitely cheaper than the automotive stores. .. of the same brand of tires.

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Many won't agree on purchasing used car tires but that is what my dad used to do and he went to a trusted mechanic for that. He always got pretty good quality tires that were not used too much and they would also fill them with air and do a check up for free.

5. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I don't trust second-hand tires because sometimes they may have flaws which you are not able to easily spot. One of the main consideration is if guarantees are available for these tires, New tires come with guarantees and you are able to recoup some amount of loss that may arise during the guarantee period. I have seen people running into difficulties with used tires that they had bought and it had been somewhat difficult for them to receive compensation as a result.

6. derf

derfNew Member

Threads:
    Usually this is for a promotional thing that businesses do so they can get their inventory stock off the shelves. I wouldn't recommend it but if you have no other choice it is not a bad idea. Companies will usually do this with used tires because they are used tires. If you really want to spend on used tires go ahead. Although you are still going to get better tires if you buy new ones.

7. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have always thought that the local shop was the way to go when it came for all car parts, but I think that I am changing here slowly. I am hearing more and more about these super centers having good auto service, and better prices.