Which Is The Most Dangerous Source Of Heat?

Discussion in Heating started by mildredtabitha • Sep 14, 2017.

1. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    In my home, we used to use charcoal and I believe it is the safest source of heat for cooking. We have also been using kerosene stove for many years. Kerosene stove is the second safest source of heat but you need to be careful.

We now use gas stove and I rank it as the most dangerous source of heat in my home. Do you know any other sources of heat that are dangerous? You can also give your views on the ones that I have mentioned.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with you wholeheartedly!When I was little we had gas stoves only. We cooked a lot of things for we had a store that sold boiled peanuts. We ran a little food wagon that had a propane stove and it was really hazardous, but efficient. I burnt off my eyebrows with the food truck stove once. Luckily it was small, somehow the flames came rushing towards my face and my eyebrows vanished, though my skin didn't get singed or burnt. Thinking back I was lucky it was only my eyebrows that went. I think I lived through a miracle. I can see the flames yet. Anyway I have electricity and I love it. I turn off the electricity by the breaker, so I save money, when I'm not using my stove.

3. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I think any source of heat can be dangerous. Only recently my neighbour had a problem where carbon monoxide fumes were leaking into her house from the gas boiler. Luckily she had a carbon monoxide alarm so it was discovered before it became lethal.

I think probably electricity is less dangerous but some people lose their homes and their lives through fires started by electrical faults so getting the wiring checked is probably a good idea.

4. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    The problem that seems to be quite popular and i believe it's dangerous since it's hard to detect, is carbon monoxide unless you have an alarm it's lethal.

5. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    The wood stove is the safest source of heating here in my country, and the most dangerous source of heating is the gas boiler. I heard many times that some entire family died because of gas accumulation. Poor families died in their sleep, they didn't even know what hit them.
    I do use a gas boiler and I always check it before to go to bed, and in the time of the night as well.

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When we shifted to LPG gas stove when I was in high school, some people say that it is dangerous and the safest is the electric stove. But I disagreed with that because our electric stove has a problem – I had felt the “ground” several times when I used it with no footwear on. The electric current is strong and can kill. With the gas stove, just be sure that the hose is okay and that you turn off the valve after using then it is very safe.

7. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    Well the most dangerous would be the gas stove. W use electric stove, gas stove, and kerosene stove but I'm always conscious of the gas. Recently my cousin had an accident from gas explosion in her kitchen, she was burnt badly. I'm always extra careful when I use it now.