Which Online Payment Method Do You Prefer?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by pafjlh • Jan 6, 2015.

1. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    A majority of the people that you ask this question are going to say Paypal; as will I.
    I have been with paypal for years, never a problem and always getting my money whenever I transfer money to my bank. I have other payment accounts but they just aren't comparable to paypal, the only one that comes relatively close is Payza but if a site I am working through has Paypal and Payza as payment options; I'll go with paypal every single time.

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't used other payment methods before aside from Paypal. It's the only one I'm using for my financial transactions, and so far, I'm liking its service.

3. ScipioPro

ScipioProMember

Threads:
    Having tried multiple different platforms, I have to say that I enjoy Paypal the most. It's easy to send and receive, and it is the most popular payment platform right now. I enjoy Bitcoin even more, but not many people are integrating right now, but it is a close runner up. I've heard about Payza but never tried it, same goes with Payoneer. I heavily advise everyone to use both Paypal and Bitcoin as payment processors, even though Bitcoin's price can and will fluctuate.

4. blues

bluesMember

Threads:
    I'm gonna go with Paypal as well; though, I think Paypal's popularity stems from its early roots. I mean, I've never used other online transaction methods (except maybe bitcoin/dogecoin but that was just for fun) because most sites don't even accept them. They accept credit cards and Paypal and rarely anything else. It's become almost impossible for another company to rival Paypal even if it gets worse/stricter about everything and people get unsatisfied. The only real alternative people can use is just their cards because most businesses don't accept anything else but cards or paypal. So I feel like most people prefer paypal just because it's the only thing available rather than because it's the best method there is (with regard to company, policies, etc.).

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also prefer Paypal to send and receive payments online. I have tried Liberty Reserve and Payza, and both are not as efficient as Paypal. Payza takes a long time to get to you when you file a dispute to the point that the scammer has already withdrawn the money, while in the now defunct Liberty Reserve, there are no refunds or disputes, so all transactions are final.

6. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    PayPal works best for me too. Withdrawals appear in my bank account instantly, no matter what time of day it is and it is the most widely accepted method. I do a lot of online work, the majority of which pays via PayPal, so there's no getting away from using it for me.

7. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with many people here about Paypal. When shopping online, nothing beats Paypal and I like the fact if something happened I can also dispute the charges, especially when the item is not what it supposed to be. It is fast transferring to the sellers, and they definitely like that. They don't have to wait for clearance and they know it is a reliable source of payment.

8. bombshell

bombshellMember

Threads:
    I'm not surprised that most people prefer PayPal because I also prefer PayPal. I have been using it for over 7 years and have never had a problem. Almost all online vendors accept it, it's convenient and it's safe. I can transfer money to and from my bank account and I also have the PayPal debit card. It's an all in all better deal for me.

9. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    My preferred online payment method is Paypal as well. I didn't bother myself with the other online payment processors out there because Paypal already provides me with everything I need. Not to mention that it's the most popular and most trusted payment processor as of today. Besides, most banks in the Philippines support Paypal which makes withdrawing money a complete breeze.

10. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    My preferred payment method is definitely Paypal. I believe it to be a very secure method, and like the idea of the merchants not having access to my credit card information, therefore, I will not shop online if the supplier is not subscribed to Paypal.

11. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Paypal is the processor I use. I trust them. I don't know enough about the other methods to try them. I feel safe and secure with paypal and I have never had a problem with them so they are definetly my processor of choice. I think many people do use paypal. I don;t know any other methods that have such wide acceptance.

12. integrity101

integrity101New Member

Threads:
    Looks like PayPal is a sure winner here. I prefer PayPal too mainly because of its buyer protection policy that ensures I don't get ripped off by some scam site or person. I've used Skrill too before and found them as fast and efficient as PayPal. I still maintain some cash at Skrill just in case I run into a site that doesn't accept PayPal, especially a Europe-based store.

13. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I shop online with my credit card. Although I have a Paypal account but the balance is not enough, hahahaaah. I'm used to shopping online with my credit card and I haven't experienced any problem. Today, I paid 23K pesos (around $450) using my credit card for the reservation in the resort - for our trip next week. I feel comfortable using my credit card but if my Paypal would have a substantial balance then maybe it can substitute for the credit card.

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Paypal will always be the most preferred currently. There could be many reasons for that, but I think that one of the main factors is the fact that is is really the only payment processor tat has been around so long, and it was already established before new ones like Neteller came along. The other's didn't really stand a chance. Plus, a lot of sites only give you Paypal or credit card payment options, so we are kind of given no choice but to use it.

15. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I also prefer using PayPal as an online payment method. PayPal is a convenient method to use. I also prefer using PayPal because then my credit card number is not potentially stored somewhere by another store. Using PayPal or gift cards allows less personal information to be exchanged, which is more secure.

16. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Paypal is preferred online payment method. I don't have credit cards [I hate debts] and wouldn't use a debit card when buying anything online [money won't be refunded in case you get a defective product] so since paypal offer some safeguards against scammers, I use it.

17. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like Paypal the most since I get to use it in almost any online store and it is very easy to use for receiving payments and transferring it the funds to me. However, the biggest disadvantage to Paypal I'd say is that there are areas where they don't allow their services to be used such as gambling sites, which I do understand but of course it would be so convenient I'd i could just use this one service for everything. I had a few favorite alternatives some years back but unfortunately a lot of them closed down or changed drastically.

18. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have any credit cards either, because I also am not a fan of debt, and the scams that come along with banking with them - interest and all of that crap. That is my favorite feature from Paypal - the fact hat if something has gone wrong, your chances of getting your money back and getting things resolved are a lot greater than they otherwise would have been. Other payment processors need to step it up in order to even begin to compete with paypal.

19. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    I use a couple of virtual credit cards. They let me load up small amounts of money and even if someone hacked and got their details, the hackers wouldn't be able to do anything. Paypal is good but I just like virtual cards better.

20. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    I use PayPal because I trust them. I feel like my information is save when I use them. I've never had a issue with them and they also make purchasing items easier. I think all companies should use PayPal as a payment method.