Which Phone Company Has the Best Service?

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by hunysukle • May 12, 2012.

1. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    If money wasn't an issue, which cell phone company would you use? Why? I currently use Cricket and I hate it because of dropped calls and bad reception.

2. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I have often wondered if it is the service provider that is the problem with bad reception, and dropped calls, or is it the actual phone...... I use Verizon, never had any problems in over 15 years, (yes I had them when they were still Primeco) I have also tried Metro PCS with my kids phone. I believe it is the equivalent to your cricket. Unlimited minutes for $35 a month. They usually had the cheap phones since they lose them, drop them and abuse them. I know Metro PCs has Blackberrys and other smart phones, but haven't tried them out. Anyone else here try a high end phone on a low end network?

3. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    We use T-Mobile currently. Their customer service has always been great. I have had to call them a two or three times because one of my kids went WAY over on minutes. A couple of times they just added some bonus minutes for that month! Another time they helped me switch to another plan that worked better with fewer surprises at billing time. And I've also had to call to suspend service for a couple of lost/stolen phones, and they were very helpful. However, the coverage where I live is terrible. Sometimes I get a text message a day after it was sent to me! We can't drop our land line because of the lousy cell coverage. So we are hoping to make a change in the next couple of months. I think we will try a prepaid plan for a while.

4. pizzaz007

pizzaz007New Member

Threads:
    Very nice survey question. So if money is not a problem according to my country I prefer to use postpaid plan of Mobilink Jazz, as they are providing unlimited internet / wap package with postpaid connection with high reception and clear sound quality. They nearly going to launch 3G in pakistan and then It will be the best phone company here.

5. MEGATRUCK

MEGATRUCKMember

Threads:
    T-Mobile does have great service, at any of their outlets the store personnel are very friendly. It's also a part of AT&T, so it has the back-up of all their lines.

6. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I think I will try Verizon Wireless because of everyone's good feedback. I used to use At&t and never had any problems. Does Verizon Wireless have a prepaid plan (no contract)?

7. Beetler76

Beetler76Member

Threads:
    If your looking for a wireless provider in the US, you should look at Republic Wireless. I think their beta is still open. They have a new product that is unlimited calling, txt, data for $20 per month... no contract.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have Virgin Wireless. I used to have a contract with T-Mobile. I am happy with Virgin. T-Mobile was great, but I was tired of being on a contract and didn't want to renew.

9. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I switched from Verizon Wireless to AT&T. I was with Verizon for 10 years and had issues over the years. They did have some things that other service providers don't do so well, but their customer satisfaction has gone down hill in the recent years. AT&T has not given me any service problems and the people in customer service are there to take care of your problem. They are so much better then Verizon in my opinion, but this is because of the customer service.

Oh yeah, AT&T has roll-over so if you don't use 500 minutes one month, you have them added onto your next month. Verizon will not do this for you. I used to throw away up to 1000 minutes a month with Verizon.

10. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    As in coverage, I'd go with verizon but their customer is meh imo. Not sure how they fare with Atnt and Tmobile, etc. however though.

11. cards538

cards538New Member

Threads:
    I would definitely say Verizon. I have had a Verizon phone for almost 5 years now and I've had maybe one or two dropped calls. I haven't had AT&T before, so I couldn't say for sure which one is better, but I've had friends with AT&T who have said that they had a lot of dropped calls before they switched to Verizon. Now that you can have an iPhone with Verizon, I definitely think that Verizon is the top cell phone company. As a few other posters have said, their customer service isn't that great, but fortunately I haven't had too many issues so that hasn't been a problem.