Which season do you hate the most?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by 003 • May 19, 2014.

1. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I will have to say that the season I do not like is Spring. I wouldn't say that I hate it, I just do not like it. During the spring months the weather is crazy and there is so many storms. My allergies also act up in spring so it makes it hard for me to enjoy myself. Lately, here in the US it's hard to tell which season it is because of the weather is steady changing and it feels like every season.

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I also hated summer. I just hate it man, it's really hot and even if you want to go to the beach to enjoy, you can't because there's like ten thousand naked people there already, not that I like going to beaches during the hellish hot time of the year.

3. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Same here I hate summer. I hate how, well it's so hot. I had to take at least 3 showers a day just to get that sweaty feeling off me and I had to crank the air conditioning to mind numbingly low temperatures just to let myself breath.

4. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I can't say I really hate any one season, but the I can say my favorite seasons are Spring and Fall. It's not to hot and not to cold, so it works best for me.

5. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Hate is too strong a word, but I’m not a fan of summer. It’s the peak of hurricane season here, and with how active it’s been these past couple years… too much stress. And if it’s not that, it’s just too hot and humid to exist. I like to joke that it’s that time of year when you step out of the shower and immediately need another one.

6. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    That's true it's like you feel like you have to shower two or three times a day to stay cool. It is so hot in the 100's and so humid the summer is. This why I like spring and fall better...:)

7. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Ugh yessssss, exactly. We rarely if ever reach the 100s, but it’s been hitting 90 and above here, which is unusual for my area. And with the humidity, it can feel like 100+ on some days. I feel for those living in locations that actually do hit those temperatures in a heat wave. I hear about it on the news and the thought comes to mind, “Oh… and I think I’ve got it bad when people are actually dying out there.”

I wish we had proper seasons where I live, because typical autumn weather elsewhere suits the way I like to dress. Haha.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate nothing about nature. Just think about what the seasons even are.. what weather is. Our planet is absolutely amazing and the seasons are a constant and beautiful reminder of that. Each one has something about it I absolutely love and appreciate. I even find storms beautiful and amazing. I don't like the casualties bit, of course, but the power of our planet is just gorgeous.

9. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I am in so much shock that anyone could hate spring or summer. I hate winter in Iowa. I am from Florida and it gets extra hot and humid so I am used to tropical weather. But in Iowa the winter is brutal and the snow last until May. I don't care for snow.

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish I could have moderate weather all through the year. But Botswana being a semi-desert, we go from one extreme to the other. It gets very cold here during the winter, and the summers are killers. I hate being cold but compared to the intense heat in Botswana, I'd rather stick with the winter.

Now in England, I much prefer the summer. I hate the British weather outside of the summer, granted I sometimes hate the British summer for not pitching. But at least it's a little warmer and the days longer :)

11. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I love the end of the summer when it is a little bit cooler and I can enjoy going out for walks in the evening, however I really hate it when it's boiling hot, because you just feel as though you're not able to get anything done - or at least not comfortably anyway. It also costs a lot of money in air conditioning in the summer, at least when it's a little bit cooler you don't have to turn it on at all, which is always a good thing. I can always tell what season it is from looking at my energy bills!

12. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't actually hate any season, but if I had to pick one, it would be Summers here in Texas. Summers back home were hot, but the evenings and mornings were slightly cooler, so they were bearable, and the temperatures didn't usually climb to the norms here. When I first moved down here when I was younger, I could tolerate the heat, and actually loved the Summers, but nowadays, the heat makes me sick, so I am shut indoors for most of the season. It's the opposite back home, where the Winters are dark, cold, and dreary, and although I wouldn't say I hate them, I spent a lot more time indoors there. So, I'd rather say that my two favorite seasons are Spring and Fall :).

13. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't hate any season but I do not love winter. I can take a mild winter that is not very cold to the point having to have layer upon layer of clothes on and maybe a little snow and is done in 8 weeks. That is not how it is in my area but I do wish it was like that. Summers where I live are hot and humid, spring does not exist and winter last about 90-120 days and can get cold.

14. AutumnFall

AutumnFallMember

Threads:
    I really hate the summer. Haha! The humidity is NO joke. For me, it takes so much effort to do the simplest things like walking or washing dishes because of the humidity. I have to take more than two showers a day during the summer and in my household, we have to turn on the oven a few times a day because it makes the house feel even more hotter. Also, I'm a bit more hostile and aggravated in the summer because of the heat, which is never a good thing. Haha!

15. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I dislike any hot & humid weather. Living in the tropics I get hot and humid most of the year. This year has been rather a harsher one. We are experiencing high 80's & low 90 degree temperatures. I will begin to perspire just sitting and eating a meal-it's dreadful right now. The storms pass by the State of Hawaii and their after glow is hitting Hawaii with humidity, hot temp. and heavy rains! I love the rest of the season for it's milder. I would love it even more if year round we have temperatures in the 70's!

16. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love summer because it is the season when we go on vacation. The rainy season is hated here because it brings flood. Just the other night, there was a heavy rain that flooded the Metro Manila streets. Commuters were stranded and some even got home at dawn of the next day. And worse with the rainy season is when there is a typhoon. It really ruins the mood.

17. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I live in a city considered to have a template climate whole year round, but sometimes weather turns hot and humid, which makes me joints hurt :eek: Thankfully, this only happens once in a blue moon so to speak.

When I was younger I used to hate summers because of the hot weather and sunny days. I was more prone to cold weather with fall and winter being my favorite seasons of the year.

Today, I don't longer hate summer, firstly because with the global warming seasons are not longer the same, and nowadays hot summer days are rare, at least here, where is now raining almost all the seasons of the year.

But one thing that made me appreciate summer was the implementation of daylight saving time, long, long years ago. I used to hate it even more than summer itself; today I love summers because it's 9 pm and sometimes 10 pm and there is still day light to enjoy even if it sounds weird.

So that, I don't longer have a favorite season of the year; rain, while still likes me, not so much to consider it my favorite kind of weather, while cold still likes me to some extent because It's always easier to put on an extra coat of clothes, that get rid of clothes when hot is too much... and I guess even naked you will still feel it heavily:rolleyes:

18. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I live in Canada so you have to try and embrace winter or you'll lose your mind. Winter can last from November to April easily. So since it's such a long season it has to be my least favourite. I love the freshness of spring, with the flowers blooming and trees starting to have buds. Summer is fantastic but far too short where I live, it's only from June to September and then fall arrives.

19. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This may seem somewhat negative, but I would have to say that I hate summer the most. Yes, it is beautiful to look at, and it makes for a good postcard picture, but to actually be in that kind of heat is torture. I live in the UK, and this summer was one of the hottest that we have ever had. I seriously do not know how people in hotter countries cope.

20. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I would say summer. Northeast Ohio gets miserably humid and hot during the summer months. Plus the bugs are out in full force during the summer. You also have to deal with cutting grass constantly too. I pretty much stay indoors for most of the summer, with my AC running 24/7, so my electric bills are sky high too. Plus the bright sun gives me a splitting headache when I am outdoors or driving around. I much prefer the soft overcast of a cloudy fall day.

At least in the winter months, everything is cool. I seldom run my heat because there is generally enough residual heat in my place from all the lamps, lights, the oven when I'm cooking, dryer when I'm doing laundry, etc... In fact, once in a while I will even open my windows in the winter, if my place gets too hot and stuffy.