Why Do People Still Buy Cable When They Have Internet Entertainment?

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by hades_leae • Aug 12, 2016.

1. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Human being are resistant to changes. Cable is being used for a long time. So, naturally there'll be some sort of comfort level attached. And then there is the most evident reason of cost effectiveness. Though internet has ample scope of entertainment, but there're very few watcher who go beyond their choice of fixed channels. Cable suffice their need in a cheaper way.

2. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a cable subscription myself and I never liked watching too much TV/movies. However, I can really understand why people would still want to have cable TV. Some places in my country have poor reception and they need a cable subscription to be able to watch regular TV programs. I know we can watch uploaded files of local program series on YouTube, but the video/audio quality isn't the same. Many people are still hesitant to purchase and pay online and they can't be expected to be excited at the prospect of buying internet content. Like the other members have mentioned, cable TV is a convenient entertainment for many people. Not all people need to be on the internet all the time so they don't consider it a necessity to have unlimited internet.

3. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Because internet as well as cable isn't always reliable. Sometimes, the internet goes off for a whole day and you have nothing to do. If you have cable, though, you have that option. Although, you may argue that going outside and having fun for the day is an option, it may cost you more money while cable is only around 19.99 USD a month.

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    The cable TV prices seem to keep going up and they say people are "cutting the cord" so to speak as far as cable goes everyday-and I know I used to still have it a few years ago. You also have the local channels you can pick up with a outdoor digital antenna as well and the internet TV choices seem to be growing day by day also. I think also that people still like watching DVDs for a really great picture though -and some say it has a better picture than streaming from the internet.

#24Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  5. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Not every uses the internet on a daily basis really, some people probably rarely use it at all. Internet may have more enjoyment and good content on it but for some it is too pricey and not worth it in their eyes. People prefer cable due to it being a more cheaper and convenient choice.

6. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    Nowadays, there are several streaming services as Amazon Prime and Netflix. Thereby, broadcasting TV and cables TV have lost money. Minimizing this situation, some broadcasting TV has created streaming service about its content exhibited in TV. That is a good idea, but in some cases are occurring some abuses, for example: forbidding to skip advertisement time like youtube uses.

7. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We still have a few more months to go with our 2-year contract with DirecTV, and then we will totally cancel everything except our internet services and the streaming TV . We have Netflix and also Amazon Prime Movies, and all of the old movies that are on youtube, plus we have an outdoor antenna on the roof and that picks up all of the local stations, so there is really NO reason to keep paying for the satellite television when we never use it.
    Once that is gone, we might add Hulu+ just to have a little more variety of shows; but really, we already have everything that we like to watch just with the channels we already have.

8. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure but i would assume that they have gotten used it and they don't see any reason to change, since it's relatively the same.

9. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think not every region has a good internet connection. And that makes it really hard to get connectivity. And also people have to be there around as well. You can't get good connection in some region. Which makes cable ideal for the entertainment. You can also get satellite reception without interruption these days compared to internet. So it all depends on how you are getting connected.