Why You Spend A Lot On Gym?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Ray1 • Sep 10, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am living in a rich country where most of my neighbors and friends go to gym paying lot of money as membership fee. I generally ask them a simple question, "You have so good facilities available just in front of house so why spend so much on gym"?
    As matter of fact, everyday I listen a different excuse as to why open air exercise doesn't fit their lifestyle or schedule. My question is whether you have any simple strategies that will not only save you lot of money but keep you closer to nature too?

2. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Why do you go to gym, to build your muscles or to tone your body. If you can use dumbbells properly, you don't have to go to gym either to build muscles or to tone the body. A pair of dumbbells can be better than most of the gym equipments. You can tone up your body by jogging regularly, you don't have to go to the gym. Therefore, there is no need to spend a lot of money in gym, you can build muscles and tone body at home, free of cost.

3. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    There are different reasons why people prefer to go to the gym. Some people believe they do not have the self will required to stick to a game plan and they need that extra push or motivation that a gym provides. Some others join the gym for social reasons. They want to meet people of same mins. Some join a gym as part of a family or a group working towards the same goal (maybe training for a marathon).

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with you that most people do not know how to develop their body in right size and right places adapting right tactics and some of them do it for the hack of it. However, I don't believe anyone doing it for preparing for marathon is probably not in the right place.

5. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I understand that some people might prefer having the gym at home and all that, but at a time, there might need to visit public gym centres where they could have to be taught by a fitness instructor on how to train the body in a way not to stress the tissues that much. What I also understand for the reason people pay to be members at public gyms is as a result of association, just like what football fans that have the decoders at home that they would have used in watching football but prefer to visit viewing centres to cheer their teams with fellow fans of the game.

Associating with other friends at the public gym gives them the feel good mindset and the desire to continue training. So, I see nothing bad in people paying at public gyms as long as they get value for their money. Afterall there is special joy people derive as a result of working with others at the public gym.

6. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Some people may attend the gym because this action might serve a status statnent for them but generally, many people enjoy the socialization which could help to motivate them to go through the various paces. Many people don`t understand that some of us may not be able to religiously stick to an exercise regime on our own but when we go to the gym, there is usually an array of equipment along with our peers to egg us on and instructors to give us advice on the proper techniques in order to enhance our fitness level and to minimize any event of injury.

7. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well I do not, and it is just the luck of being able to already know how it would go. The money spent is just not enough motivation, and I would not end up going that much and before you know it, it is a sunk cost.

8. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    This depends greatly on the interests of each person. I particularly can't understand why people spend so much money on something so futile (but I respect the decision of who spends money on it, after all... the money is not mine, haha).

I prefer the natural gyms. :D

9. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Not everyone lives close to nature, so they have no choice but to jog in busy roads, especially those who live in condominiums. Also, if a person is wanting to get buff and muscular then they have no choice but to go to the gym, right? If they want to save money then they should just go to those cheaper gyms, over here one gym only charges $1 and you can use their equipment for as long as you want, so if you go to a lesser known gym then you can save a lot of money.

10. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a gym goer but I know of so many who love to workout in the gym. One sports celebrity named Freddie Webb, who played basketball in the Olympics, said that the gym is addicting. It is because you get fully motivated to do the workout when you see other people sweating it out. The sight in the gym gives you a feeling of a healthy body and all you need to do is to break sweat. For me, however, I prefer to exercise at home because going to the gym is a hassle with the traffic and the cost of the gym fee as well.

11. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I cannot say that I am spending too much money on a gym, monthly it cost around 20 dollars and I think it worth the money because the exercise that I make there I cannot do them at my home because I don't have tools. Besides, I have my personal trainer that helps me to follow a strict program, and this helps a lot in keeping my body in shape.

12. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that gym are getting expensive. You can get same set of the equipment and get started with most of the work. And that should be good enough in many ways. You can see that gym is something that you can consider for the good enough work as well. So I think gyms are the best options on this. You should consider them if you want to socialize in that case.

13. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Lately, I don't see the for going to gym and pay so much to get exercise when I can actually get exactly the same thing working out on my own at home. I would probably say that gym is now overrated because it's very easy to get a good and decent work out on your own without needing to hit the gym.

All you to master is to know how to go about each drills you are interested in partaking on. But if you get confused along the way, there are several online work out apps that would be very useful in helping you achieve your gym aims.

It's practically what I use now and it has given me everything that I have ever wanted without needing to near the gym and pay for monthly members subscriptions.

14. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    The main reason of going to gym, as I could guess, is to maintain the regularity of exercise regime.
    Whenever people enroll, they need to pay a certain amount of money. Then onward, this paid amount becomes the driving force to attend the sessions regularly.
    On the other hand, if you do self driven exercises like walking, running, jogging or any kind of sport activity... you lose the motivation after certain point of time. Going to gym keeps the momentum of exercise intact.