Wi-fi Dongle Vs Wi-fi Router: Which One Is Better?

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by akshaychouhan785 • Oct 14, 2017.

1. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785Member

Threads:
    Currently I and my father use mobile internet for daily purpose. But as it turns out to be costly I thought about purchasing a single Wi-Fi connection for our home so that we don't have to pay a hefty amount for internet use. I have 2 options to go for, either dongle or router. Which one is the best of two?

2. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Wifi router is good option when you have wired internet connection. And wifi dongle is a good option when you have something to move like laptop and tablet. That's how I am looking at it. I move a lot. So I keep one dongle with me. Also router is there at home. So it's good enough for to manage for my internet data and voice service.

3. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I used to have a dongle but I didn't find the signal very good and it was expensive so I would choose a router any day. It's good to have as a backup in case anything goes wrong but not as a main internet source. Good idea if you are travelling though.

4. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    If you're mostly outside and you have a laptop with you then it would be convenient to have a dongle. However, I will still prefer to use a Wifi router.

5. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I would say that the wifi router is better in every category whether be is safety features, speed supported and several others nice ones.

6. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    Wifi Dongle is pretty useful when out your home but you can always use your mobile as a hotspot and have access to fast internet

7. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    If you want to use internet at home wifi router is a better option. however, if you want to use internet outdoors and you do not have access to internet having a wifi dongle will come handy. There was a time when I used to use wifi dongle, however, the subscription charge associated woth this internet service was very expensive therefore, I stopped using it.

8. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    Home wifi is more stable and can be easily accessed by all the members of the household but it's pretty useless outside home.