Will there be better deals closer to Christmas?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by downloadsincomplete • Dec 6, 2013.

1. downloadsincomplete

downloadsincompleteMember

Threads:
    Now that the Black Friday and Cyber Monday rush is over, do you think there will be better deals the closer it gets to Christmas?

I do a lot of online shopping, mainly clothes, media, and electronics, and I thought the big sales were rather average. All of my retail clothing purchases were at discounts I can normally get year round. And even know, I'm still getting emailed offers for discounts almost as good, if not the same as Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

2. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely agree wholeheartedly! I went to a few stores on Black Friday and picked up a few things but not many sales stuck out to me. Then Cyber Monday came and I immediately hopped online to my favorite stores to see what kind of deals I'd be lucky to find but nope... Great deals on stuff I could care less for. Even some stuff was 90% off but still I had no luck.
    So I'm really hoping I'll be able to catch some better deals these last couple weeks before Christmas/New Years!

3. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I think certain stores have the best deals during Black Friday but there are probably other stores that have the same if not better deals closer to Christmas.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree. I find that most online sales I get when it's closer to Christmas is mediocre. I'm guessing it's just because online sites probably don't want too much pressure to ship as the day gets closer since they have to account for the allowance of a week or two for shipping, whereas physical stores probably prefer as much volume of customers they get no matter how close it gets to the actual date. I have found a few good discounts over the years whenever I browsed near the date, so I think this just might be a case of finding better deals at physical stores during this time.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still get a few emails from online shops inviting me to their sales but mostly they are local here in the Philippines. They call it pre-Christmas sale that is intended as gifts for the new year since delivery takes time and cannot be promised at this time of the year when traffic (in deliveries) are heavy. But I have no more time to shop even in online stores because I am occupied with the wrapping of gifts and decorating our house.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I suppose whether you'll find great deals or not depends on what you are buying. I know that between now and January it's possible to find some great deals because retailers may want to get rid of some products since if they don't no one might buy them. Ever. All you have to do is look around and you might find some really great deals.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I just confirmed that the discounts are lower than Black Friday deals here. I tried holding off because I didn't feel too much like shopping during Black Friday and I thought I could possibly just get similar discounts during the holiday sales but sadly none of the original high discounts and coupons were offered around the holiday season. Is year I'm going to do bulk of my Christmas purchases during cyber Monday and Black Friday instead.