Worst Gift You've Received?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by TheKnight • Nov 12, 2016.

1. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I received my worst gift when I was 12. One of my family members gifted me a 1-piece footie pajama that didn't even fit me. The size was for a 5 year old. I thanked them either way but we just gifted it to someone who had a younger child.

2. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I couldn't forget this incident of receiving the worst gift I ever had. We're having our Christmas party in school in I was in my elementary. We'd brought everyone of us our exchange gift. As I opened mine, I was shocked for it fell below the required limit of gift for us to buy and to exchange with. I had not chance to complain for there's no giver's name. I took that gift home with a broken heart. It did happen again when I was in high school. But later I learned to accept all those things for I know it is a gift-giving season of the year. I would accept it with a happy heart.

3. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    You made me pretty curious. Can you let me know or at least give me a hint as to what the present was? It sounds like it was pretty bad. For my Christmas exchanges at school, I got binoculars and a SpongeBob DVD. It was pretty cool. We never did have a Christmas exchange in High School.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The worst presents came from an ex and his family. It never did bode well for the relationship and I try to look back in humor. My ex gave me a pair of baggy jeans for Christmas and a pair of flannel pyjamas which I told him to return! His mother gave me a tin of tea (I don't drink tea), and his brother and sister-in-law gave us a set of candlesticks (we didn't use candles). They were the worse gifts ever.

We bought his parents a weekend to Florence in Italy!

5. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't consider gifts that were given to be worst even though they are not to my liking because I believe in showing appreciation is also a way of you giving them something in return.

6. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't remember ever recieving a bad gift. I was in two gift exchanges and in both occasions I received items that were worth less than what we agreed, although this happened I did enjoy the gifts.

7. James-M

James-MMember

Threads:
    I had an eccentric aunt who was landlord over several small, rundown rent houses. She was a hoarder and to her, these often suddenly abandoned wrecks were a treasure trove. She was a sweet old thing and liked to share her findings. When I was 12 she gave me an inflatable pool with holes in it for my birthday. At Christmas a few years later she gave me a shoebox full of used brush hair curlers, complete with bits of hair from a former tenant.

8. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I was thinking that those gifts weren't so bad except for the candles but if you bought them a trip to Italy, ouch. I would be pretty hurt and especially since most of those things are cheap. Maybe they were too poor? I would sure put a bit more effort into a present.

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, they were bad! It's more than zero thought went into the gifts. I never drink tea and neither did my ex, we all drank coffee, and the candlesticks was bad, because we found they had bought three other couples the same gift because we were at a party the next day and their friends opened up their presents in front of us. They aren't poor! One is a lawyer and other a University professor.

The mother bought my ex a hat for Christmas and even my tea was better than a hat, as he never wore hats. A bad Christmas and I am glad they are all exes now!

10. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I do not want to take the name of something in particular but I do not like clothes in particular as gifts. People do not have an idea about others choice and size. So, often it becomes a disaster. However, I restrict myself from doing a scrutiny on gifts..just want to remain grateful for what I've received.

11. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Wow. If someone earns 10,000 dollars a month, I would surely expect at the LEAST a 20 dollar gift. That's pretty dang rude and it kind of shows how little they cared about your interests. I'm poor and I at least try to gift at least 10 dollars when I can.