Would you consider buying an electric car?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by justusforus • Nov 19, 2013.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Assuming that charging stations of battery life and ranges improved would you consider buying an electric car? I realize there are some really nice ones like Tesla, so I know people discuss price. What factors would influence you in buying an electric car?

2. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    i would never consider buying an electric car. I'm just too much of a motoring enthusiast to ever go for something like that. You can't exactly be called a 'diesel head' if you don't even put fuel in your car. I can see the advantages of having an electric car, but the drawbacks far outweigh these. You mention that we should consider a situation where charging stations, battery life and range are improved, but even if they were improved I can't see them being improved to the state whereby they are better or even as good as the average cars we buy currently. Also I very much dislike the humming sound that electric cars make, it sounds as though I'm driving a giant RC car. Nothing beats the growl of good petrol fueled car.

3. nhsososo4

nhsososo4Member

Threads:
    In the future i would definitely buy an electric car, but sad situation is that i am in Africa and we wont be driving electric cars not anytime soon. We have only been introduced to hybrid cars by Toyota only in 2013. Thus we are still far. At present even first world countries are struggling a bit with the maintenance of electric cars and there still needs to be a lot of investment interms of engineering into the cars.There needs to be charging stations for the battery, the life span and many other factors such as sound. Having said that though and as an individual who believes in going green, electric cars interms of the environment can provide us with a lot of solutions, and also the wars and hating amongst nations would definitely end, as the demand for fuel will not be that much.

4. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't anytime soon. Maybe when I get much older and they create charging stations all around the US, I may consider it. But for the time being, I do too much traveling with my car. I'd hate to run out of charge in the country with nowhere to charge. Scary thought... The electric is car is a really good idea, in theory at least. It will become a better idea when gas stations everywhere start providing ways for cars to charge up like they provide gas.

5. avasmom

avasmomMember

Threads:
    I will seriously consider an electric car when it comes time to replace our "grocery getter". They will be more useful for longer travel once there are more charging stations available, and battery life is improved.