Would you drive to Mexico?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by SpringBreeze • Dec 13, 2013.

1. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    With all the drug and gang violence currently going on in Mexico, would you drive to Mexico? I know Mexico used to be a fun, cheap and quick travel destination for Americans living on the West coast. I've heard a ton of fun and adventurous stories about road trips going there. But now, I'm wondering if it's the same.

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't advise going to certain places. Obviously, it would be easy to find out where the safe spots are. Therefore, I don't see anything wrong with driving to Mexico. In fact, going to Mexico when it has such a bad reputation might mean that hotels and other things are a whole lot cheaper.

3. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    All the violence has been dying down and my family always travels in a vehicle across the country without problems. You just need to utilize common sense as you would in any area. Don't visit strange neighborhoods, stay in crowded areas, don't flaunt jewelry, don't walk alone, and don't start trouble. If you follow all those rules, you should be okay but I do recommend you only visit cities that are the safest such as Cancun or Queretaro.

Cities to avoid:

Cancun has an area specifically for tourists called ''Zona Hotelera'' which is very safe and beautiful. It's like a small city within the city. It even has its own beach so you don't really have to leave it. There are restaurants, bars, fairs, hotels, and malls.

#3Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017