Would You Order A Wedding Dress From Ebay?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by brittz22 • Jun 3, 2016.

1. brittz22

brittz22New Member

Threads:
    I am sure many people have been scammed while online shopping at least once, and when it comes to a major/important purchase, ordering online can be remarkably stressful. It may not look like the picture, it may be damaged and the company may not be as ethical as they seem, it may never arrive and the company may steal your money, so much can go wrong. But, with in clothes in particular, and even more specifically, clothes on eBay, it is a very risky ordering business. If you are American you must remember that most of Ebay items come from China, Hong Kong, or somewhere near those places so the clothes are made in sizes standard to Asia not the United States standard sizes an extra large in China is NOT an extra large in America. So for those reasons my family was mortified to find out that I purchased my wedding dress from an Ebay shop based in China and I must say.. WOW. This company in particular asks for your custom measurements when you place your order in an effort to make sure the above listed issues are not present and I was extremely pleasantly surprised, they made the dress PERFECTLY, I ended up getting a dress that would have been a few thousand dollars here in the states for only $140!!!! So I would definitely recommend considering Ebay for related purchases just make sure to check size charts for each item(they vary by company/item). But what do you think? Would you risk making a purchase such as a wedding dress on Ebay? Have you had exceptionally positive or negative experiences with apparel shopping on Ebay? Please share your thoughts and experiences in the comments! :)

2. Sandy Mayfield

Sandy MayfieldMember

Threads:
    Wow that sounds like a great and stress free experience! I have personally never shopped on Ebay just because of things I have heard in the past. It would be way too risky for me given my body type, height, etc and not knowing exactly how long it could take to risk buying a wedding dress online. My little sister got a prom dress off ebay once and it didn't fit properly (minor alterations) but looked gorgeous on her. Took a long time though for it to come that she ended up buying a second dress due to the closeness to the dance and it still not being there (it did arrive on time but she didn't wear it) but that was a few years ago.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am getting married next year, and I can safely say I wouldn't ever buy my dress on eBay or any online store. Wedding dresses are very particular, need to fit you very well and are very intrinsic to get it online anywhere like that. I plan on not spending an outrageous amount my dress, but I do think you can do that buying the wedding dress in person as well, it doesn't need to be online or be a bargain.

4. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    I would never order a wedding dress from ebay. I would rather order it from an online catalogue or buy it at a second hand store.
    You definitely need to watch out for scammers. One time there was a facebook page from someone selling nice women's clothes. I liked the page and then I ordered a nice jacket for 50 euros (65 dollars). After making the payment I ever received it and it makes me kind of mad that people do that because I would never scam someone. And that was just for a normal jacket, now think about it if that would have been a wedding dress, it would of costed way more and I would have lost all that money...

5. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I doubt that I would. A wedding is very special therefore I would want to be able to try the dress on and evaluate it before I purchase. But that is just me. If you are in a situation where money is tight and the wedding dress is simply not that important to you (as with my friend), then purchase it on ebay. The bottom line is that it is your personal decision. Make one that you can live with rather than worrying about what others think.

6. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    Shopping for anything on eBay is always a double-edged sword. There will always be fake sellers and scammers in the site. This is especially true for high-value items like wedding dresses. The best thing you could do is verify the trustworthiness of the seller. Check out the seller’s profile and previous transactions. Another tip is that it’s best to buy dresses from sellers who are near you. Buying from overseas always carries with it a higher risk.

7. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    I would not buy my wedding dress from ebay. I don't like buying clothes online simply because the fit might be wrong, the texture not what I expect, etc. There are a multitude of things that could go wrong and with something as important as a wedding dress I wouldn't want to risk it. Even if they asked for measurements and I was sure it would fit, I would want to try it on first. You know, so I can see myself in it and touch it and hold it before buying. Part of the fun of searching for the perfect dress is getting to try on many dresses and admiring yourself in them before committing to one.

8. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    As a man, no. As a groom, no. For general purposes? I don't know, context is everything if you think about it.

9. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    I hate to sit hear say something like people who order wedding dresses online don't take their weddings that serious. I do believe that you should go somewhere and get it, especially if it's going to be custom. Why order one online? I don't understand that, how could you know if that one you ordered is going to fit you without trying it on, especially on a day as big as a wedding.

Ordering the wrong one without having the time to replace it is setting yourself up for failure. I'm no expert on ordering wedding dresses online, that's just my opinion.

If someone can teach me something about it then let me know.

10. cecejailer

cecejailerMember

Threads:
    Never in my life. In worst case scenario I'd buy a wedding dress from Romwe, but not Ebay or Aliexpress. It's too risky. Even if there are like 40 review photos, you never know how it's gonna look like in your body. Also, it takes months for something from Ebay to arrive in my house so I wouldn't risk it not arriving before the wedding.

11. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    That is something really appealing.

12. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes my friend ordered her wedding dress from ebay, everything was fine with her dress.