Would You Prefer Plastic Or Real Flowers For A Gift?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Rossy • Aug 1, 2017.

1. Rossy

RossyMember

Threads:
    Plastic flowers lasts forever and on the other hand real flowers stay for only a few days. For me, I would rather real flowers but I just don't know why. What's your opinion and why?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love fresh flowers for gifts! But I also love silk flowers too. The gift giver was kind to stop and get you a gift, I love that! The little extras like a stuffed animal, or other things they add with the flowers just makes all the difference for fresh flowers will wilt and you have to throw them away, but when you have a little stuffed animal with your fresh flowers you can keep the stuffed animal to remind you fondly of your flower gift!

3. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I am allergic to pollen so I can't have real flowers or plants in the house. I don't really like fake flowers even though they last longer and don't bother my allergies, they are just dust collectors in my opinion. I would rather have some other gift if someone is going to buy me something. Of course, the thought that went into buying the flowers is the important part and I would never turn it down if someone were to buy them for me. I just don't really prefer flowers unless it is ones that I could put outside.

4. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I think it depends on the person I'm giving it to. When I was young, I remember giving my mother a flower made from paper which I personally made. It was a gift for Mother's day and she really loved it. But for me, if someone gave me either a real flower or a plastic one, I'd still appreciate it and thank that person :)

5. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I would prefer to receive real flowers as gift, so guys, please, make it real. ;) It's true that plastic flowers last almost like forever (ask any environmentalist), but I have enough plastic flower/plants decor in my house and I don't have room for more. I'd prefer to smell the real roses, not the chemicals in plastic roses. Besides this, I care for mother earth and would rather not encourage plastic production for non-necessities.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    If the gift is for me, I prefer the plastic ones (because I don't know how to take care of plants :D). But if the gift to someone else I prefer to buy the natural ones because they sound better as a gift.

7. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    If flowers were the only option, then I would definitely like to receive real flowers, not fake ones. I know they last for a short time, but still, nothing can beat the beauty and fragrance of a bunch of lovely red roses or lilies. If it were other gift options, then I would like receive books and/or chocolates. :)

8. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    A plastic flower is definitely not for me, plus it's not so environmentally friendly. Though it's a lot cheaper than the real ones, I would still prefer to buy real flowers. And it seemed not so romantic to actually give someone a fake plastic flowers as a gift. Besides, it's not everyday that we give flowers, why not least put your efforts and buy real flowers for your love ones.

9. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I like both. I have some beautiful silk flowers which look quite realistic (although they need dusting from time to time). Fresh flowers are beautiful for only a short while but their fragrance is usually lovely. There are flowers that I dislike the smell of though. If I remember nasturtiums smell really unpleasant. I remember that from my childhood when we had some in the garden.

10. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon RasheedMember

Threads:
    Real flowers have always an attractive and charming beauty than plastic flowers.One many become very happy when he feels the freshness of real flowers.Fragrance of real flowers is also so amazing that it easily attracts many people towards it.I will like to give fresh red roses as gifts to my all friends and relatives which I have grown in my garden.

11. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    You are right the plastic flower may last for ever but it doesn't smell nice and fresh as a natural flower does. Personally, I prefer the natural flowers because it has a wonderful smell and looks nicer than the plastic flowers.

12. Rock1987

Rock1987Member

Threads:
    I would prefer real flowers over plastic flowers any day. Plastic flowers would last for a long time but they won't have the fragrance or charm of real flowers. Plastic flowers are just for show and can never compete with real flowers. The touch of real flowers makes me happy and enthusiastic while that of plastic flowers does not.

13. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I would say it depends on your intentions towards the flower, if you are looking for just being in the moment of the event that led to buying the flower then real flower would be perfect since in no long time the occasion for getting the flower would pass and so does your interest in it.

But if you are looking to keep a constant reminder of one cherished memory or an event that is very dear to you, then I strongly advocate for plastic flower because it would last as long as you seem fit and it would always be your constant reminder of what happened and the reason for the flower. Even if you seem to have forgotten about such events, but the moment you lay eyes on the flower those memories would start rushing back.

14. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I like real flowers for a gift because real flowers have a personal touch. Even though fake flowers last longer it depends on the gift with which it comes. So I prefer both depending on the gift.

15. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I always thought that buying flowers isn't really practical since they will wilt after a few days. So I think that buying the plastic ones, especially as decorations for the home would be a better choice.

16. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Like who even thought up that idea of having plastic flowers in the first place? It is such a mockery of how beautiful a bouquet of flowers can be. A gift of flowers is always such a great delight, one that is welcomed with warmth. Flowers are colorful and smell great. I would never give anyone plastic flowers as a gift. I think they are just not nice at all.

17. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    Well it does not matter to me whether it is a plastic one or a real one as long as they give it to me from the bottom of their heart. I am not a choosy person so whatever they give me, I really appreciate it.

18. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Do not forget about the potted flower plants as well, that are very real-and can be replanted in the garden and it really feels nice to keep them for awhile inside or forever outside. Yes, I would like one of these potted plants as a gift instead of the plastic or cut flowers, but they would be a nice gift that I would enjoy as well.

19. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    That means that it is all about preference and what you feel is good for you and not okay for others. I would suggest you ask to avoid getting the real flowers as gifts for someone else and the real flowers end up dying.

20. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I think it depends on who is giving you the gift. It would feel special to get a gift from someone you like. I would prefer real flowers.

Though I won't reject plastic flowers if I ever get them. Plastic flowers are cheap but investing in real flowers for someone you like is worth it.