Your Favorite Place When Reading A Book Is?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by mildredtabitha • Sep 12, 2017.

1. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I like reading a book at the school library. This is because the school library is quiet enough for me to concentrate. The environment is nice for reading because I am always surrounded by people who are reading too.

There are other different places for reading too like in the bus, at home, coffee shop, field, in front of an audience and in your bed. Which is your favorite place for reading a book?

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    In my bed or in a library. These are the two places (but of course there are others) where I always feel more at ease when I want to read something. The quieter the location, the more enjoyable is the reading.

3. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    Whenever i feel like reading a book, there has to be dead silence and i love to sit in my garden and just focus and enjoy the book at hand.

4. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite place for reading a book is the window seat in my bedroom. It is in a quiet part of the house and there are trees outside the window and a few plants I have in the window box. It is a very nice and airy place to read.

5. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I can read just about anywhere, in the car, in my living room, in a restaurant, or a doctor's waiting room. As long as it is relatively quiet, I can read my book. If the book is good enough, I don't have a problem getting lost in the words and shutting out the rest of the world. I like to become lost in the books I read since sometimes they are better than real life.

6. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, my place where I could read a book and understand it completely without reading it again is when I am sitting on the toilet. I don't know why, but what I read there would remain on my head longer. Unfortunately, the only thing that I read there is magazine and it would be no more than 30 minutes. I could read anywhere else, but my concentration is not that focused on what I am reading.

7. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This is an easy one for me...the hammock. Of course, the weather does not always cooperate so it is not too often that I get to use it, but it is worth it when it is up and it is nice out.

8. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I like reading in my bed, as I find it more comfortable and relaxing. It'd be nice if I can sit in a field and read too, that's what I always see from the movies, but I have not really done many times myself as I am staying in a tropical country. It's always hot and there are flies or mosquitoes always, so it wouldn't be so comfortable to just sit in the field and read. I do like to study in the library when I was still a student, as it helped me to stay more focused, but I haven't been to library for quite a long time. I brought my children to a library lately, there were kids around and it was really noisy.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love reading books in my bed when I've done with the day. Once I read a book on the bus, passed my bus stop and the next one was after the freeway, so I don't read on the bus any longer, lol. I just looked at my reading material for just a while, then when I looked up, we were going onto the freeway! So now I love reading in my home in my bed only. You can save money by going to smashwords.com where they got free e-books!

10. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I would say a window seat at my home,where you can casually glance out the window once in awhile, to take a break and look at some nature and daydream a bit-and I like it because you do not feel so cooped up while reading as well -giving you a since of endless space and freedom. Also I like to drink a cup of cocoa or coffee while I look out the window at the changing scenery and seasons during the course of a day.

11. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    While I was still studying in high school and in the college, library is the best place to go to do reading books, doing some researches

At home, I have my own favorite chair which I use when I read books, magazines, newspapers and other reading materials. I usually put it near the window where fresh air gets in and the lighting is sufficient for my reading activities.

12. butterflow

butterflowNew Member

Threads:
    Come to think of it, I generally read books in the kitchen, mostly while eating breakfast or in between preparing my evening meal. I also like to read at bedtime.

Lots of times while lying on the beach, on holiday, I have good intentions of reading a book, but generally, I end up reading only one or two pages before lying back to soak up the sun. Lol!

I have tried reading on public transport, but for some reason, I tend to feel lightheaded afterwards.

13. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I love reading and can read a book anywhere and everywhere. There is no particular place for me to read a book. I prefer reading it on my bed. But I have read books in the kitchen, washroom etc. I don't like reading books on a moving vehicle, because it makes me feel nauseated. I think it puts more strain on my eyes. Therefore, I avoid it. Otherwise, I am fine reading anywhere.

14. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I love absolute silence when I'm reading a great book. So my best place to read is my bedroom. It is very quiet and peaceful. I also like reading in the library but I can't sit for long hours because of the uncomfortable chairs. In a coffee shop or a public park, I can enjoy a magazine or just flip through a book but I won't really be able to focus because of the noise and sound.

15. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    My best spot would have to be on a bridge. There's a bridge near my home and I sometimes go there with the book I intend to read. It is quite a large one and many people head there for various reasons. Some people even carry portable chairs and set them up on the bridge just to wash the fish as they swim about in the water under the bridge. I go there for the water sounds which I find very soothing when I'm reading. When the weather is bad I am forced to use an app on my phone that generates the sound of water waves and whale noises.I sit on my bed and try to get through the book.I prefer the former method but sometimes I have no option but to use the latter.

16. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I like yourself used to love reading my school books at the library near my high school. I would go to library to do my homework while waiting for my father to pick me up since my house was far. It turned out to be so convinient because I would wait there for two or more ours which was enough time for me to finish all my reading and homework for the day and when I got home I just relaxed.

17. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy my reading when I'm in a quite place and having a feel of nature, like under a tree with cool gentle breeze. During school days sometimes in cool evening I read on the clean field. Also, I can read late at night and late into the night especially if there is a forth coming exam I have to take.