Your Tips On Kitchen Savings

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Alexandoy • Jul 18, 2017.

1. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    I was astonished to learn that in the year 1987, American Airline, saved over $40,000 for removing one olive, from the salad that was served in first class. This means that if we regulate or even eliminate some of the spices we use in food, then we would do ourselves a huge favor in saving.

Another thing that would contribute to saving, when washing cooking ingredients such as tomatoes, one should not use running water. Instead, put the ingredients and put only the enough amount of water, to clean them.

2. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    That is so true and exactly what I do. I usually soak the vegetables in water for a few minutes, especially stuff like potatoes which has more soil and dirt on it. It becomes easier to remove the dirt and then rinsing it twice with fresh water works very well. It also saves a lot of water, and money too saved on the water bills. I also add a spoonful each of baking soda and salt to leafy vegetables, cabbage and cauliflowers to clean them thoroughly and to use less water.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    It seems there is always room for improvement here from things to use and tricks, but my biggest errors have to be in making too much of something. Even if I try sometimes some of always ends up going to waste.

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I would say a kitchen garden that would be right out the back door to grow some fresh greens,vegetables,and herbs- would really be a great way to help you out at the dinner table and save you money. This is a very cheap way to have a regular supply of fresh vegetables in a very small space-and you can use a balcony,courtyard or terrace-and they also add a nice aesthetic value to your place-that lifts your mood up when you walk by and makes you more positive overall.

5. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think finding the right time and the discount for the kitchen savings can be harder. You can see that kitchen has it's set of the offers on the Amazon. You can find most of such offers after the christmas too. I am sure there are some of the buy.com and the ebay.com offers coming up next month too. So my personal suggestion is look for both online and offline in such cases and find the offer that suits your case.